BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

01-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #1
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Nikon D7000: New Years in Maui (Sunsets, Landscape, and Architecture)

Hey guys! Just got back from a trip to Maui with the family and family friends. The island is amazing as always! Took my Nikon D700 and took some amateur photos. Mainly of sunsets, landscapes and hotel architecture. Instead of just copying and pasting all of the photos here, below is a link to the photo album of my favorites on Photobucket! Comments are definitely welcome. I didn't do any post production minus cropping/straightening and some small light/exposure/contrast tweaking on the Mac Photos app :thumbs:

We stay at the Grand Wailea (Waldorf Astoria and Hilton Group) on the Wailea side of the island for anyone wondering. A few of the photos are also from a short road trip down to Lahaina

Photobucket Story Link:
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/SaMa...s%202016/story

Photobucket Slideshow Link:
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/SaMa...20Years%202016

Direct link to album:
http://s38.photobucket.com/user/SaMa...?sort=3&page=1
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust

Last edited by SaMaster14; 01-18-2016 at 06:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 09:15 PM   #2
HXS
Licensed Drug Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

You mean UP to Lahaina?

We were just there last summer... Miss it now that you posted the pics

Beautiful pics! Seems like you got lucky with the weather.

Did you do the Road to Hana?
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2016, 09:25 PM   #3
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HXS
You mean UP to Lahaina?

We were just there last summer... Miss it now that you posted the pics

Beautiful pics! Seems like you got lucky with the weather.

Did you do the Road to Hana?
Thanks!

And true, Lahaina is north haha

We didn't do Hana this year, or Haleakala. But I've been going to maui since basically before I was born haha. We've done it all at some point!
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Nice photos.. Any beaches you recommend that can rival Lanikai beach on Oahu in terms of clarity / color / white sand? I'm paying maui a visit in a month and staying near kihei / wailea.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2016, 05:21 PM   #5
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGames
Nice photos.. Any beaches you recommend that can rival Lanikai beach on Oahu in terms of clarity / color / white sand? I'm paying maui a visit in a month and staying near kihei / wailea.
Thanks! And enjoy maui! I would say to definitely check out McKenna Beach and Little Beach. And do visit Molokini crater for snorkeling if you have a chance. There are some cool hikes in the west Maui mountains as well.

The beaches in front of the Grand and the 4 seasons are really nice, but usually crowded.

If you make it to the other side of the island, Lahaina is a very cool town, and there are some great beaches in Ka'anapali (namely Black Rock by the Sheraton).
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2016, 06:12 PM   #6
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Good shots! I recommend picking your favorites and doing some post processing.

No one like looking thru photo dumps and you'll get more feedback if you include a few sample images in the thread instead of just a link, which is kinda clickbait and people don't usually like that.
Appreciate 2