E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My 2009 335i sedan (was: Keep F30 or ?)

05-20-2016, 10:56 PM   #45
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Throw a tune on your F30 328i, It will be a whole new car... I feel like the tune transformed my car from so so to pretty fast.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 11:13 PM   #46
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

If you don't got no BMW any more, you ain't welcome 'round these parts, ya hear?

And what the hell would you do without us?
Appreciate 2
      05-21-2016, 01:30 AM   #47
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
I would crumble and cry mommy.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 01:47 AM   #48
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz
I would crumble and cry mommy.
That's right. Now go buy that e92. A nice affordable, reliable car
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 02:03 AM   #49
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
About to finally hit the sack. Been looking at cars on my laptop for the past 5 hours lol. Because of this I didn't get lucky haha.
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2016, 02:10 AM   #50
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
About to finally hit the sack. Been looking at cars on my laptop for the past 5 hours lol. Because of this I didn't get lucky haha.
If by "lucky", you mean finding the perfect e92, then aw damn.

If you mean a different kind of getting lucky, uh huh, suuuuure. We both know she was tired and you had no chance.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 03:22 AM   #51
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
dreamingat30fps man don't scare me bro . I made an appt to view the car tomorrow morning at 9AM. I'll keep my fingers crossed. M3 Number 86, my budget is $19K
What are you looking for in a car?
      05-21-2016, 03:23 AM   #52
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Quote:
If by "lucky", you mean finding the perfect e92, then aw damn.

If you mean a different kind of getting lucky, uh huh, suuuuure. We both know she was tired and you had no chance.
And she was already mad spending the first hour looking for cars lol
      05-21-2016, 06:07 AM   #53
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
She was out like a light at 10pm last night, so my son and I played some MK XL on the PS4 then he fell asleep fast. I want something that'll make me more happy than my f30. If I don't feel that with any car I look at today, I'll wait or decide to keep it. Time to get outta bed!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 06:53 AM   #54
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
She was out like a light at 10pm last night, so my son and I played some MK XL on the PS4 then he fell asleep fast. I want something that'll make me more happy than my f30. If I don't feel that with any car I look at today, I'll wait or decide to keep it. Time to get outta bed!
So? How often is she really awake when you do it? You can be honest, this is a safe place.
      05-21-2016, 09:47 AM   #55
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
What makes you happy in a car? Overall ride plus tech plus luxury or straight performance or looks or?
      05-21-2016, 01:02 PM   #56
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
What makes you happy in a car? Overall ride plus tech plus luxury or straight performance or looks or?
Yea -sounds like he needs to spend some time finding what makes him happy.

Steps to success

1) find your interest
2) find the options to fulfill your interest
3) purchase that option

Sounds like you are looking at options hoping to find your interest
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 10:26 PM   #57
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Exclamation

Quote:
I would say a combination of all the above. I believe I found one already, please read below!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post

Steps to success

1) find your interest
3) purchase that option

Today was a long day man, looked at a few cars and when all hope was lost the sun, moon and stars were all aligned for me that landed me a very interesting car. Here it goes - CLIFF NOTES ON BOTTOM.

Ok so this morning I dragged the better 1/2 outta bed and drove about 35 minutes north into Ft. Lauderdale to see a 2008 e92 335iA at Carmax. The car looked great on the outside, not so great on the inside. The tan interior was extremely worn, dirty and scuff marks all over. Radio pixels were all but gone, rear wheels were up front, though all four tires had plenty of meat left haha. Car lacked power as my 328i felt faster so I think it needed the walnut blasting as it probably never had it at 70k miles. Car vibrated at high speeds and I was just turned off by all the negatives.

We quickly left and went to this Lincoln dealership closer to home in Miami where they had a zillion Mercedes Benz's and maybe 9 BMW's. I showed my wife the 2012 c250 that had sport package, nice 18 inch wheels with new beefy tires that was as clean as a whistle. Test drive went well and we went over numbers. They actually approved me for a better rate than I was approved but the wait was crazy. We had to wait as they were short staffed or whatever so I told them that we had to leave and do some errands quickly and return.

I returned alone (I dropped of my wife and picked up our son and dropped them off at my wife's cousins house nearby) so when I returned in the CTS they told me they would see me now as I was outside looking at other cars UNTIL I saw this nice looking white/black e90 335i sport with nav with a lousy 55k miles. The car looked modded - blacked out kidney grills, lowered, M3 front bumper, rear apron from I don't know where, carbon fiber trunk spoiler, exhaust is kind of loud and 19 inch BMW Performance wheels (I don't know the style, I know I fail) RennTech trunk badge with RennTech decals on the small rear quarter windows (I think thats what they are called)? Now doesn't RennTech deal with only Mercedes/AMG? So It was cheaper and had less miles than the Mercedes so I told them I wanted to test drive it.

Test drive won me over. Everything under the hood looked stocked so I was like fuck it, I'll buy this. They said OK and now I have it. Pulls like a beast but the sad part is that I have no idea what mods are in that thing. In the morning I'll take pics of the car and under the hood and let you guys determine. Yes, I suck and don't know much about performance parts lol. This car is way faster than my E39 M5 I had years ago and made the two previous 335i's I drove feel like my old 528e. My son loves the car, my wife is happy that I'm happy (she is afraid to drive a stick as she had a double mastectomy back in 2012) and feels pain on her left side of her body). Step daughter is sleeping over a friends house but I know she'll like it.

Overall, I feel satisfied but I need to see how much power I'm making at the rear wheels but most importantly this could be a N54 single turbo conversion. This thing is fast and keeps going and going. Not sure if car is on coilovers or with lowering springs/shocks or just on lowering springs. I'll post pics in the morning for sure.

CLIFF NOTES:

Got a 2009 e90 335i/6 speed with mods I have no idea about
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2016, 10:51 PM   #58
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
I would say a combination of all the above. I believe I found one already, please read below!

Today was a long day man, looked at a few cars and when all hope was lost the sun, moon and stars were all aligned for me that landed me a very interesting car. Here it goes - CLIFF NOTES ON BOTTOM.

Ok so this morning I dragged the better 1/2 outta bed and drove about 35 minutes north into Ft. Lauderdale to see a 2008 e92 335iA at Carmax. The car looked great on the outside, not so great on the inside. The tan interior was extremely worn, dirty and scuff marks all over. Radio pixels were all but gone, rear wheels were up front, though all four tires had plenty of meat left haha. Car lacked power as my 328i felt faster so I think it needed the walnut blasting as it probably never had it at 70k miles. Car vibrated at high speeds and I was just turned off by all the negatives.

We quickly left and went to this Lincoln dealership closer to home in Miami where they had a zillion Mercedes Benz's and maybe 9 BMW's. I showed my wife the 2012 c250 that had sport package, nice 18 inch wheels with new beefy tires that was as clean as a whistle. Test drive went well and we went over numbers. They actually approved me for a better rate than I was approved but the wait was crazy. We had to wait as they were short staffed or whatever so I told them that we had to leave and do some errands quickly and return.

I returned alone (I dropped of my wife and picked up our son and dropped them off at my wife's cousins house nearby) so when I returned in the CTS they told me they would see me now as I was outside looking at other cars UNTIL I saw this nice looking white/black e90 335i sport with nav with a lousy 55k miles. The car looked modded - blacked out kidney grills, lowered, M3 front bumper, rear apron from I don't know where, carbon fiber trunk spoiler, exhaust is kind of loud and 19 inch BMW Performance wheels (I don't know the style, I know I fail) RennTech trunk badge with RennTech decals on the small rear quarter windows (I think thats what they are called)? Now doesn't RennTech deal with only Mercedes/AMG? So It was cheaper and had less miles than the Mercedes so I told them I wanted to test drive it.

Test drive won me over. Everything under the hood looked stocked so I was like fuck it, I'll buy this. They said OK and now I have it. Pulls like a beast but the sad part is that I have no idea what mods are in that thing. In the morning I'll take pics of the car and under the hood and let you guys determine. Yes, I suck and don't know much about performance parts lol. This car is way faster than my E39 M5 I had years ago and made the two previous 335i's I drove feel like my old 528e. My son loves the car, my wife is happy that I'm happy (she is afraid to drive a stick as she had a double mastectomy back in 2012) and feels pain on her left side of her body). Step daughter is sleeping over a friends house but I know she'll like it.

Overall, I feel satisfied but I need to see how much power I'm making at the rear wheels but most importantly this could be a N54 single turbo conversion. This thing is fast and keeps going and going. Not sure if car is on coilovers or with lowering springs/shocks or just on lowering springs. I'll post pics in the morning for sure.

CLIFF NOTES:

Sounds good man--glad you got something that will give you a thrill. Go hold the down arrow on right side of steering wheel and see if the screen changes. If it does you have a JB4. (I'm actually going from memory for E90 which I and a year ago) You can find out right away if it has JB4.
Is there a decently strong exhaust smell, like jet engine meets lawnmower....you will know if you stand at back of car. Then DP's. If you rev up a little and then get off gas and let the rpms fall does it make exotic pop sound? If it does you have Dp's and/or PPK. I had an N55 so not sure about the twin turbo conversion.
      05-21-2016, 11:06 PM   #59
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post

Steps to success

1) find your interest
3) purchase that option

CLIFF NOTES:

Pics for us to decipher mods lol
      05-22-2016, 12:17 AM   #60
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Sounds good man--glad you got something that will give you a thrill. Go hold the down arrow on right side of steering wheel and see if the screen changes. If it does you have a JB4. (I'm actually going from memory for E90 which I and a year ago) You can find out right away if it has JB4.
Is there a decently strong exhaust smell, like jet engine meets lawnmower....you will know if you stand at back of car. Then DP's. If you rev up a little and then get off gas and let the rpms fall does it make exotic pop sound? If it does you have Dp's and/or PPK. I had an N55 so not sure about the twin turbo conversion.
Thanks for the tips as I need to get up to speed quick. I just got back from a little stroll around the area lol, man I love this thing. So in the morning I'll check the arrow on the steering wheel for JB4. Exhaust smell is way stronger than the 328i and the CTS and I hear tons of pop sounds from the exhaust when blipping the trottle during rev matches. I went to the gas station and took some pics so I'll post in a few.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 12:30 AM   #61
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Pics for us to decipher mods lol
File is too big to be uploaded and I'm tired as hell so for now here is the link to the car as it's still on the website:

http://dorallincoln.com/Miami/For-Sa...-Car/47659115/

So....am I worthy!?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 12:59 AM   #62
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Thanks for the tips as I need to get up to speed quick. I just got back from a little stroll around the area lol, man I love this thing. So in the morning I'll check the arrow on the steering wheel for JB4. Exhaust smell is way stronger than the 328i and the CTS and I hear tons of pop sounds from the exhaust when blipping the trottle during rev matches. I went to the gas station and took some pics so I'll post in a few.
Tried to look at the pics but can' tell from the angles if it's modded. Can't be certain but it appears possibly the CP is different and not the flat black plastic? If the exhaust smell is pretty noticeable then they probably have DP's and you may need to determine that in case emissions are an issue in your state.
      05-22-2016, 02:28 AM   #63
Lucky John
Out to Lunch
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1965 Land Rover Series 2A

Looks beautiful. You're going to need a big stick to beat the women off with that ride.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2016, 03:42 AM   #64
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens
Tried to look at the pics but can' tell from the angles if it's modded. Can't be certain but it appears possibly the CP is different and not the flat black plastic? If the exhaust smell is pretty noticeable then they probably have DP's and you may need to determine that in case emissions are an issue in your state.
This is FL, we don't care about the air. The state is so skinny all our pollution just blows away and fucks up someone else's day. Just don't mess with our swamps or our water.
      05-22-2016, 03:50 AM   #65
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
File is too big to be uploaded and I'm tired as hell so for now here is the link to the car as it's still on the website:

http://dorallincoln.com/Miami/For-Sa...-Car/47659115/

So....am I worthy!?
Nice dude. Renntech does BMW. They have ECU for e90 and exhaust and stuff.
http://www.renntechmercedes.com/inde...s/bmw/3-series
I wonder if they would have service records if you called them with the vin.
Check the exhaust tips. If you can fit underneath, maybe take a look for x pipe and cat delete / dps.
Sounds great. Glad you got one you liked.
Get rid of the M3 floor mats though - heh.
      05-22-2016, 05:48 AM   #66
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Well I do have e46 rubber mats that are now over the m3 mats but yeah, I plan on offering a trade with someone who has stock e90 front mats for the m3 ones. I'm about to go outside and check for jb4 and somehow peak underneath. The exhaust tips are aftermarket with no lettering and it does have the stock mufflers but I'll take a peak again. FWIW, can the f30 roof bars fit an E90? If not then I'll have to sell mine and get the e90 setup.
Appreciate 0