BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

11-04-2016, 09:22 AM   #23
S65V8
*_*
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

dayum, dats pretty bad ass!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2016, 03:40 PM   #24
terrainx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

How did the Fiona look in person? My individual w/Fiona is in production. I'm especially interested to know how it looks different to the Coral Red - is it darker? lighter? I have Sakhar in my M6 and love it so hoping the Fiona is closer to that than Coral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel man View Post
I had a chance to see this 7 at SEMA to day and it's a beautiful car. There is so much detail you don't notice the wood as much as you do in the pictures. It looked a little darker in person and adds a little contrast to the interior. My only complaint is why not a 750 v8 or 760 v12 instead of a $150k 740??
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 11:31 PM   #25
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrainx View Post
How did the Fiona look in person? My individual w/Fiona is in production. I'm especially interested to know how it looks different to the Coral Red - is it darker? lighter? I have Sakhar in my M6 and love it so hoping the Fiona is closer to that than Coral.
I don't recall Coral, but Fiona looks 10x better in person than in photos.

More deep and less flashy; closer to that represented in the photos attached (darker portion of seatback).

Absolutely workable in the 7, yet pictures say otherwise.

Interesting how BMW Individual interiors are almost impossible to capture.

My Amaro Brown interior is even more difficult to properly photograph.

Keep us posted with your delivery! What color exterior? Which wood and other options?
Attached Images

Last edited by dbs600; 11-06-2016 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 05:30 AM   #26
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrainx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel man View Post
I had a chance to see this 7 at SEMA to day and it's a beautiful car. There is so much detail you don't notice the wood as much as you do in the pictures. It looked a little darker in person and adds a little contrast to the interior. My only complaint is why not a 750 v8 or 760 v12 instead of a $150k 740??
The best I can describe it is between Vermillion Red and Coral Red...it's absolutely stunning if one likes a good Red interior shade. My briefcase and camera bag are the exact same dye as Fiona and I'm constantly stopped by strangers asking where I got them just because of the color.

Most of the pics in the OP are way off white balance. The interior lighting was set to blue (not purple) and the wood has a red hue to it and complements very well.

Why a 740e? Launch of the iPerformance products. An M760i was the 2nd option but will be displayed at another show soon.

And anyone who's displayed at SEMA knows what a PITA it is with the Union requirements. Not surprised the info sheet is so incorrect.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 10:44 AM   #27
terrainx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

mineral white, piano black, every option inc. autobahn,msport, rear ent - only exclusion was rear lounge. Individual delayed the build but I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post

More deep and less flashy; closer to that represented in the photos attached (darker portion of seatback).

Keep us posted with your delivery! What color exterior? Which wood and other options?

Last edited by terrainx; 11-10-2016 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 12:57 PM   #28
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrainx View Post
mineral white, piano black, every option inc. autobahn,msport, rear ent - only exclusion was rear lounge. Individual delayed the build but I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post

Were you able to see at least a Fiona leather swatch?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #29
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
The brakes are really small.. Because it's a 40e instead of a 50i. I mean, if you are going to do it for SEMA at least paint the calipers and put cross D/S rotors on it too! Prob a brake kit or just do it on a 50i.
You've never been to SEMA huh?

And the brakes...

They're the same size as your car with the latest lightweight forged Caliper from Brembo.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 11:26 AM   #30
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Want!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2016, 02:43 PM   #31
mike@Vossen
Rep
Drives: BMW

I got to check it out in person at SEMA....it was utterly superb.....

If my mind serves me correctly, they had a pretty identical one in Munich in their lovely BMW Welt facility this summer. I'll search my phone for pics.
Appreciate 0