BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

05-13-2016, 02:17 PM   #45
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzE46 View Post
and curry had two good seasons. with the best supporting cast. he would get shutdown in oldschool ball. it took him 6 seasons to finally play at this level.

Lebron had them 2-1 last year in finals and averaged 35 12 and 9 .

when LeBron left cavs they went from a 61 wing team to 19 wins and a 27 consecutive losses.
Curry is excellent he deserved his award this year. I feel you B... but you cant hate on LeBron's greatness and the records and achievements he has broken and surpassed. don't be bitter, they only lost last year bc he had a white boy named delly and where was curry in the finals ? iggy led the team. this year he has TWO all stars and more shooters at his disposal.

hes more valuable. hes one of the most dominant players and greatest to ever play.

c cmon now

lets not even start with achievements.
I never said Lebron wasn't good. I said he's not winning any more rings unless he joins GS.

But he's not the greatest to ever play, and the fact he's had to jump ship to get rings will always be held against him.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2016, 02:30 PM   #46
BuzzE46
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3 E46

did Jordan win without pippin??

could Duncan do it without his cast?
could Isaiah do it
did magic win without kareem and the boys?

who has won solo> no one.

could curry win without his all stars? and depth?

I don't think curry could lead the Knicks to the finals. LeBron could. your being ignorant if you don't think he is one of the greatest. to bluntly say that ne needs to join Golden State Lol
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 03:12 PM   #47
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:

could Isaiah do it

I don't think curry could lead the Knicks to the finals. LeBron could. your being ignorant if you don't think he is one of the greatest. to bluntly say that ne needs to join Golden State Lol
It's a team sport so the point of one guy winning it is moot. Only golf, boxing and tennis don't need another supporting player.
I took his statement of LeBron having to go to the Warriors as a joke....though think of Lebron, Curry and Thompson on one team.
      05-13-2016, 03:13 PM   #48
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:

could Isaiah do it

Make up your mind. Are you saying hes one of the greatest, or "the" greatest?

Jordan, Curry, Kobe, Duncan, Magic, all those guys were with the same team to win their rings. Lebron has had to chase rings by jumping to diff teams. Of course you can't do it alone, but he chose to go join other teams to chase his rings. He's jumped ship twice now, and will probably do it a 3rd time before it's all said and done. He won't win a title with the Cavs so long as GS is around.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 09:06 AM   #49
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Quote:
the arriors sturglled against Portland. LeBron wont lose in the finals this year. he will dominate. they been playing better. cavs in 7... lets see if they can get to the thunder first

i want some of what this boy is smoking!!!

Lebron will loose again this year homie, the cavs are better but they will get shut down by the warriors.

only way the cavaliers stand a chance and i mean just a tiny chance is if by some miracle OKC ousts GSW, but that miracle already happened when they beat the spurs and it is not happening again.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2016, 12:54 PM   #50
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

The Cavs have the highest payroll in the NBA this year, I think they have some serious pressure to get it done. A rematch of GS vs Cavs is what I'm hoping for, but OKC is playing pretty hot so it won't be easy for GS.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2016, 05:18 PM   #51
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Looks like the raptors have pulled through and blew out Miami in game 7. Finally starting to look like their regular season self.

Let's see if they can hold it together and give us a good conference finals against the Cavs.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 06:05 PM   #52
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

Whaaaa haaaaa I'm going to cry myself to sleep now!!!!

Not

Congrats to the craptors for beating up on my team!!!

See you all next year!!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 07:14 PM   #53
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Raptors will beat the Cavs in 7
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 07:44 AM   #54
BuzzE46
First Lieutenant
Rep

I aint smoking anything. I really wanted the Miami heat to play against the cavs. I have no respect for the raptor fans saying "fck dwade"

and im pretty sure the cavs could take the warriors to game 7. they aren't invisible lol. LeBrons hungry
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 10:05 PM   #55
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

To all you NBA experts I was just wondering something that I have always wondered. Why is it that the players miss free throws so much? I'm really a hockey guy but have been watching basketball more lately since the Warriors are in--I know the game and am into all sports but I have always wondered this and basketball guys I know always say they don't know. Shit, I was out today with a ball taking free throws and I'm 1 for 10..first shots in 10 years....but these guys do this every day. Is it the pressure? I see guys at 60%..what's that? I would bet almost every hockey player can make a shot from the half point on open net at least 90%. Enlighten me.
      05-16-2016, 10:10 PM   #56
Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
To all you NBA experts I was just wondering something that I have always wondered. Why is it that the players miss free throws so much? I'm really a hockey guy but have been watching basketball more lately since the Warriors are in--I know the game and am into all sports but I have always wondered this and basketball guys I know always say they don't know. Shit, I was out today with a ball taking free throws and I'm 1 for 10..first shots in 10 years....but these guys do this every day. Is it the pressure? I see guys at 60%..what's that? I would bet almost every hockey player can make a shot from the half point on open net at least 90%. Enlighten me.
It's mental pressure.

Derozan shot 88% during the regular season and he was 2nd or third in regular season in FT attempts yet he missed 8 of 16 in game six against Miami. No explanation but pressure...
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #57
mookie45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport

Cavs in 5
      05-19-2016, 07:40 PM   #58
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Here is kind of how I see it-

(BTW Heat are my team)

Heat could have beat raptors easily... we are a completely young team surrounding what is now one old guy. One key player is completely done with basketball, another (whiteside) was out for the key moments, everyone on our team is beat up and we still almost make it to the conf finals. If we made it, it would have at least made this series worth watching... to see dwade and bron...

Bron will run a train on the raptors... I dont't see the cavs losing more than 1... maybe I am wrong but I doubt it.

Warriors will beat OKC in 6 at most...

Cavs will knock out warriors in finals (maybe 7 games)... Bron is angry this time around.
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2016, 08:11 AM   #59
BuzzE46
First Lieutenant
Rep

I completely agree with you. Being a fan of LeBron and wade I was very happy when BRON won two rings in Miami.

it sucks with injuries. same thing with last year when the cavs were up 2-1 in finals. with a full squad I know for a fact that they would have won last year.

as for the heat,

D WADE ( the old man) was kicking ass and was basically a one mean team/. he sstill one of the greatest of all time.

chris bosh even at 31 would put up excellent numbers but his health scare is just a shame.

raptors had no answer for whiteside.

the cavs would have gotten a better series with a fully health heat squad.

I hope bosh can come back healthy and Whiteside stays in Miami.
I have so much respect for D WADE.

but I personally believe cavs in 6 to whomever they face in the finals. its LeBRons year. he does look angry ahah
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 09:32 AM   #60
tokic_o
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 / F36 430i / E92 M3

Quote:
I completely agree with you. Being a fan of LeBron and wade I was very happy when BRON won two rings in Miami.

it sucks with injuries. same thing with last year when the cavs were up 2-1 in finals. with a full squad I know for a fact that they would have won last year.

as for the heat,

D WADE ( the old man) was kicking ass and was basically a one mean team/. he sstill one of the greatest of all time.

chris bosh even at 31 would put up excellent numbers but his health scare is just a shame.

raptors had no answer for whiteside.

the cavs would have gotten a better series with a fully health heat squad.

I hope bosh can come back healthy and Whiteside stays in Miami.
I have so much respect for D WADE.

but I personally believe cavs in 6 to whomever they face in the finals. its LeBRons year. he does look angry ahah
Heat had no answer for Valanciunas and JV was owning whiteside for the 2 games before they both got injured.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #61
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
I Just hope anyone but the Warriors win.

Carolina Panthers of the NBA, arrogant pricks.
      05-22-2016, 10:51 PM   #62
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post

Lol not at all. That's really bold comment.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2016, 10:54 PM   #63
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic
Quote:

Lol not at all. That's really bold comment.
Bold but it's my opinion. I'm over the medias pre coronation/love fest with them.

Let's see that regular season record matter when they don't win the chip.

Jordan's Bulls>.
      05-22-2016, 11:02 PM   #64
kprocivic
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: ecoboost s to the t

Quote:
Bold but it's true. I'm over the medias pre coronation/love fest with them.

Jordan's Bulls>.
it's pretty obvious you are hater. absolutely there goal is another title. if they don't, yea, it be a huge disappointment to a tremendous year. if you compare gsw to the panthers, who would you compare those bulls teams to?
      05-22-2016, 11:10 PM   #65
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic
Quote:
Bold but it's true. I'm over the medias pre coronation/love fest with them.

Jordan's Bulls>.
it's pretty obvious you are hater. absolutely there goal is another title. if they don't, yea, it be a huge disappointment to a tremendous year. if you compare gsw to the panthers, who would you compare those bulls teams to?
So I'm a hater because I hope for a new champion/not part of this love fest?

Let me clarify, GS the organization specifically doesn't bother me, I just can't stand Steph currys on court arrogance (don't deny his talent) and draymond green as an over all player.

The Bulls were a proven dynasty that knocked off my sonics one of those championships unfortunately. So I can compare them to the 01,03,04 patriots as much as I dislike the pats.

What am I not entitled to not like a team based solely on not liking specific players/coaches?

I don't have a dog in this race/ my team was stolen from my city. But sure, without being a fan, somewhere in me I'd be ok with KD, Westbrook, nick Collison winning a ring (drafted sonics) but I don't really want clay Bennett and the owners who stole them from Seattle to win, it's just apparent GS is full of themselves. You can read the NFL thread which I am consistent with my arguments- regular season doesn't mean shit to me. (Hence the Carolina Panthers of the NBA comment) just get in the play offs, and then we'll see.

Here's to KD, lebron or Canada!
      05-22-2016, 11:19 PM   #66
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
#bringbackmysonics
Attached Images