BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

01-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #23
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
I’ve been getting very poor fuel economy for the past three months.

I’d previously get an average of 10 mpg’s, but same dropped to 8.

Service engine light came on about a month ago and the dealer replaced an oxygen sensor.

I also complained of poor fuel economy, but the repair order came back stating no problem found and that there are additional fuel additives during winter months!? Strange, as I've never had this problem before.

Still getting 8 mpg’s and exceptionally pissed with BMW's constant denial of problems when I have any; doesn’t matter which dealer I use.

What should I do? Below 10 mpg’s is just not right, and upsetting.

Thanks.
Hello dbs600,

Try Archoil AR6200-8.

I used it in a 2014 F10 M5 and so far I'm impressed. After adding 10ml and filling up, my mpg went from 16.4mpg to 18.1mpg (drove 15 miles so far). Before adding Archoil AR6200-8 my MPG has never been above 16.6mpg!

The company has a 100% guarantee so if it doesn't work you can get a refund. Good luck!

Amazon.com
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #24
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypx View Post
Hello dbs600,

Try Archoil AR6200-8.

I used it in a 2014 F10 M5 and so far I'm impressed. After adding 10ml and filling up, my mpg went from 16.4mpg to 18.1mpg (drove 15 miles so far). Before adding Archoil AR6200-8 my MPG has never been above 16.6mpg!

The company has a 100% guarantee so if it doesn't work you can get a refund. Good luck!
Thanks for the info, skypx!

I Googled the product and came up with many positive reviews!

Have a nice weekend!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #25
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info, skypx!

I Googled the product and came up with many positive reviews!

Have a nice weekend!

Did you try Archoil AR6200? If so I'm really interested in the results. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #26
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Did you try Archoil AR6200? If so I'm really interested in the results. Thanks.
No, not yet, but the car is currently at dealer for this complaint; let's see what they say...

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #27
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep

Ah, awesome! Thanks for the update.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #28
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Dealer states they replaced all eight injectors and plugs.

Haven’t picked up car yet, but let’s see what result.

If improved, this isn't going to be a problem in another 3 years, is it!?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 01:25 PM   #29
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Also, I understand the injectors have been through a number of revisions / redesigns.

Should I look out for any particular part numbers on the Repair Order?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 09:01 PM   #30
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Disappointed, upset, confused and sad.

All eight injectors and plugs were replaced, but there's now some type of roughness / un-smoothness!?

Happened once when idling and felt at times after keeping on the gas, but letting up a little after gear change.

Haven't noticed a difference in mpg's either, but today wasn't a good indication for same due to the snow.

Also no 'boost' in power / acceleration from what others have reported with new injectors and plugs.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2014, 06:57 AM   #31
ingenieur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNoSol View Post
I'm in NY/NJ every other week. My take is NY traffic gets worst this time of the year, compared to the summer months (Holiday/Weather/More Cars). You're probably spending more time in traffic, to accomplish the same miles. 8-10mpg is about right for a big V8 moving 15mph in the city/stop and go + unpredictable traffic in LI.
Cold weather requires more fuel during the start and warmup - so stop and go and shorter trips in which the engine never reaches full operating temp will certainly have an impact on fuel economy.

Perhaps the same driving style come April or May with warmer temps and summer fuel will bring you back to what you were getting.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 01:06 PM   #32
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxcode View Post
Well I don't care what anyone says, 8mpg is just ridiculous for a 7. Even my X5M would get better mileage than that. Something is not adding up there...
8mpg is just ridiculous on ALL but a Veyron, Aventador, and the such!

Didn't read through the entire thread BUT one area of particular concern I am starting to hear more and more of is: Injectors! And Carbon Buildup! Which these engines are prone to.
If you are not already doing so, I advise everyone to start using the Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner regularly like I do!
      02-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #33
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
8mpg is just ridiculous on ALL but a Veyron, Aventador, and the such!

Didn't read through the entire thread BUT one area of particular concern I am starting to hear more and more of is: Injectors! And Carbon Buildup! Which these engines are prone to.
If you are not already doing so, I advise everyone to start using the Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner regularly like I do!
I have used it in the past and I'm not sure if it worked or not, so unfortunately I can't recommend it. I also can't recommend Shell fuel, since it's just as bad as supermarket gas! But I have been trying to spread the word in regard to fuel/system stabilizers/cleaners.

As a result of the low quality fuel in the winter I starting using Archoil AR6200. There was not a night and day difference with my M5, but its new. Using the same driver settings (summer tires in Midwest) my MPG went from 16.4 to 18!

The X5 on the other hand was a completely different story (2012 E70)! After I filled up the tank and added the recommended amount of AR6200, I told my wife to continue driving normally. Less than half a mile from the gas station we stopped at a stop sign to enter the main road. When she started driving again the X5 jumped forward as it she pressed the gas pedal all the way down! I asked her what was that and her response was "not sure, it's almost as if I have more power now" (didn't tell her what I added to the tank or what to expect).

I've always compared driving the X5 to watching grass grow! But after driving it during the last snow storm we had, it's different. The initial turbo lag (starting from a complete stop) is almost gone! Plus when driving it just feels more lively (bought it new)!

Highly recommended, and no, I have no affiliation with the folks that manufacture it.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #34
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
I have used it in the past and I'm not sure if it worked or not, so unfortunately I can't recommend it. I also can't recommend Shell fuel, since it's just as bad as supermarket gas! But I have been trying to spread the word in regard to fuel/system stabilizers/cleaners.

As a result of the low quality fuel in the winter I starting using Archoil AR6200. There was not a night and day difference with my M5, but its new. Using the same driver settings (summer tires in Midwest) my MPG went from 16.4 to 18!

The X5 on the other hand was a completely different story (2012 E70)! After I filled up the tank and added the recommended amount of AR6200, I told my wife to continue driving normally. Less than half a mile from the gas station we stopped at a stop sign to enter the main road. When she started driving again the X5 jumped forward as it she pressed the gas pedal all the way down! I asked her what was that and her response was "not sure, it's almost as if I have more power now" (didn't tell her what I added to the tank or what to expect).

I've always compared driving the X5 to watching grass grow! But after driving it during the last snow storm we had, it's different. The initial turbo lag (starting from a complete stop) is almost gone! Plus when driving it just feels more lively (bought it new)!

Highly recommended, and no, I have no affiliation with the folks that manufacture it.
Thanks for chiming in! I've all but given up on this forum...

I've never heard of the product you mentioned. But I just watched the full YouTube video advertisement and must say, I am intrigued!

Tell me more about it? How you came about it? How long you've used it? Where to buy and cost?
A quick search yields several diesel truck owners praising it but not much of any car owners. I'm curious as to the ingredients which are listed as 'soluble metal particles and mineral oil'. So naturally I'm wondering of the safety inside our engines.
      02-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #35
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for chiming in! I've all but given up on this forum...

I've never heard of the product you mentioned. But I just watched the full YouTube video advertisement and must say, I am intrigued!

Tell me more about it? How you came about it? How long you've used it? Where to buy and cost?
A quick search yields several diesel truck owners praising it but not much of any car owners. I'm curious as to the ingredients which are listed as 'soluble metal particles and mineral oil'. So naturally I'm wondering of the safety inside our engines.
Sure, no problem. First let me say it's a hard sell. Especially since there are so many products out there that don't work! Never heard of the company until I saw this video....

After watching it I Googled reviews on Archoil AR6200 and ended up getting some from Amazon. The price may seem like a lot, but when you consider 8oz will treat >600 gallons, its a bargain.

I have been using it in a M5/X5 (2 tanks M5, 4 tanks X5), not very noticeable in the M5 except for the increase in MPG (obliviously if I drive sensibly). But in the X5 I can honestly say there in a night and day difference in performance!

So now I have stopped using Shell gas. The performance gains I mentioned are still there with supermarket gas. I simply pour in the recommended amount when I fill up and off I go.

Also used it in Hyundai Sonata we took to the car show in Chicago (>1000 mile trip), before AR6200 average 22MPG, after AR6200 34MPG! Highly recommended!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #36
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sure, no problem. First let me say it's a hard sell. Especially since there are so many products out there that don't work! Never heard of the company until I saw this video....

After watching it I Googled reviews on Archoil AR6200 and ended up getting some from Amazon. The price may seem like a lot, but when you consider 8oz will treat >600 gallons, its a bargain.

I have been using it in a M5/X5 (2 tanks M5, 4 tanks X5), not very noticeable in the M5 except for the increase in MPG (obliviously if I drive sensibly). But in the X5 I can honestly say there in a night and day difference in performance!

So now I have stopped using Shell gas. The performance gains I mentioned are still there with supermarket gas. I simply pour in the recommended amount when I fill up and off I go.

Also used it in Hyundai Sonata we took to the car show in Chicago (>1000 mile trip), before AR6200 average 22MPG, after AR6200 34MPG! Highly recommended!
WOW!!! Yeah I just watched the Leno video before I came back in here. The cost is certainly not bad at all when you consider how much it treats! It is initially expensive but it will treat MANY tanks on one bottle.
Guess I'll give it a shot.

So it's added with each fill up?
      02-27-2014, 05:26 PM   #37
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep

Quote:
WOW!!! Yeah I just watched the Leno video before I came back in here. The cost is certainly not bad at all when you consider how much it treats! It is initially expensive but it will treat MANY tanks on one bottle.
Guess I'll give it a shot.

So it's added with each fill up?
Yes. Some may say it's inconvenient, but now we are not searching for Shell gas stations and our car are not choking on horrible winter gas!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #38
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep

Also, I forgot to mention, we were not driving the Hyundai Sonata in eco pro mode! I think if we did we would have matched the manufacturers MPG rating of 35MPG highway!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #39
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Disappointed, upset, confused and sad.

All eight injectors and plugs were replaced, but there's now some type of roughness / un-smoothness!?

Happened once when idling and felt at times after keeping on the gas, but letting up a little after gear change.

Haven't noticed a difference in mpg's either, but today wasn't a good indication for same due to the snow.

Also no 'boost' in power / acceleration from what others have reported with new injectors and plugs.
Getting to be pretty ridiculous! The latest:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 11:13 AM   #40
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

You guys will want to read THIS: http://www.edmunds.com/autoobserver-...cat=affiliates
      03-11-2014, 12:15 PM   #41
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Yea, I'm starting to sound like a broken record recommending Archoil AR6200. Maybe some users feel BMW should somehow resolve the issue of crappy gas in the US.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 12:54 PM   #42
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

I'm already using it as of Saturday! We shall see...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #43
skypx
Veteran U.S. Army
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I'm already using it as of Saturday! We shall see...
Cool! Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 05:12 PM   #44
dbs600
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Getting to be pretty ridiculous!
Don’t know what to say!

Brought my car back to my dealer a week ago and today they called to state they opened a PUMA case and that I’ll be out of my car for at least another two weeks, as they need to replace timing chains for both cylinder banks, as well as my engine's head gaskets!

Anyone have any idea what’s going on here? :|

Last edited by dbs600; 03-13-2014 at 05:20 PM..
Appreciate 0