BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

03-18-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
dadC4s
Rep
Drives:

Test drove a 750i today. Will we be able to have xdrive and the sports package?

Went for a short drive, mixed city and highway, for about 20 minutes. It was the 750 with the sport package. Few observations:
Really powerful and fast. effortless speed, doing 90 is really easy and going 70 felt like we were standing still. the "Sport" mode is still very comfortable and I would see no reason to use normal or comfort modes.
Idrive is very nice, nav is good and the nav instructions showing up in the heads up display is nifty.
Now, here's the question. Can you get the sport package AND Xdrive? No other xdrive product has come with the full on sports package and the sports package is what makes the new 7 so much more than just a big luxury car. Come on BMW, give us everything, we'll pay for it.....
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
sortwo
Enlisted Member
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Subaru Impreza 1.5

xdrive is not yet offered on the 7er
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #3
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadC4s View Post
Went for a short drive, mixed city and highway, for about 20 minutes. It was the 750 with the sport package. Few observations:
Really powerful and fast. effortless speed, doing 90 is really easy and going 70 felt like we were standing still. the "Sport" mode is still very comfortable and I would see no reason to use normal or comfort modes.
Idrive is very nice, nav is good and the nav instructions showing up in the heads up display is nifty.
Now, here's the question. Can you get the sport package AND Xdrive? No other xdrive product has come with the full on sports package and the sports package is what makes the new 7 so much more than just a big luxury car. Come on BMW, give us everything, we'll pay for it.....
What I have heard (but unconfirmed by BMW as of yet) is that the 7 will be available as an xDrive version sometime starting with the September production. I would have rather bought an xDrive version of the 7, however I can't wait that long. I too hope that when the xDrive version comes out, that BMW will offer the sport package with it.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0