BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

07-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
thijs-v-d-H
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E30

BMW efficient dynamics

Maybe boring to some of you, but some might be interested to read this.

Today I had to pick up a 320d efficient dynamics edition at BMW Netherlands, we will use this car tomorrow at an event related to the start of the Tour de France here in Rotterdam.

The 320d ede is in my opinion the proof why you donīt need a prius. The car is a downtuned version (to 163 bhp) of the normal 320d sedan, with fuell saving tires, lowered suspension for les drag, special flywheel, special turbine design wheels and a few more measures.

Factory states a fuell consumption combined of 4,1 liter per 100 kilometers. that is 57 mpg combined!!

Tonight I had to do a little trip of 100 km to and another town and back.

On the way to this town I managed 48 mpg combined, with normal driving, this including driving a traffic jam and hitting speeds up to 140 km per hour.

On the way back I left the thing on cuirse controle for the whole 100 km. this is the result:

That is 63 Mpg combined over 100 kilometers!!

this is the car:

And performance wise this is still a fun car to drive, it still handles the way you would expect from a BMW. Only down side are the tyres they give you less feedback and make more noise. Otherwise this is the best offer on sale!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Very interesting!

Thanks for sharing this with us.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0