BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

06-13-2023, 07:29 AM   #1
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Facelift M760li - Why so few around?

I know this forum isn't that UK focused but in case there is anyone here from the UK, thought I'd ask anyway.

Considering changing my F90 M5 comp for a 760li. There's a handful of pre facelift cars for sale, well within budget, but I can only find a single facelift in the whole country for sale. Any idea why that is?

I prefer the upgrades of the facelift and they are more similar to my M5 in that respect, I would still consider a pre facelift if people tell me they are worth looking at, but I wonder why there are so few LCIs out there?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 09:01 AM   #2
jokerswld34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Probably because of COVID, many of the LCI cars didn’t get produced on time or produced with desirable options (B&O sound for example) to move them quickly. Considering the price tag on these cars new ($160k +), Most LCI cars (which there isn’t many anyway) likely sat on lots for a awhile during the pandemic and are still on lease. I’d suspect they will be coming available late 2023 or early 2024. I have a pre LCI car which I absolutely adore, but have noticed a few LCI M760s popping up at nearby dealerships (but with less options than mine).

There is very little difference between the LCI and pre LCI cars Other than the exterior styling and infotainment system (ID7 vs ID6). I also read that the pre LCI cars have more Horsepower while the LCI have more torque so there’s potentially a tuning difference between the 2. Not sure if this is true or market specific but if you look at the RR cars that have the same engine, they have slightly less Horsepower and more torque.

If you’re preferable to the LCI looks, then it may be more difficult to find a spec you want versus the pre LCI cars. Good luck in your search but if you can find one you like, the M760 is one hell of a car and like nothing else BMW offers.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 10:50 AM   #3
Atavus
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M760Li

I think the used market here is cars that have come off a 3 year lease. As we came out of COVID, plenty of them go pulled out of the holding area and put on sale, having sat for a year.

I keep watching the used market and the total on AT is currently about 10-12 as against 40-50 a while ago. I think the ratio of pre to LCI is about 10:1 used versus 4:1 on the road.

Later ones with the exhaust filter have the higher torque. Given the car hits 800Nm from about 1500 rpm, the pre-LCI isn’t too sluggish.
Appreciate 0