BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

03-06-2016, 01:36 PM   #1
R M FIVE
Rep
n/a
Drives:

F 10 M5 foibles

I am about to pull the big trigger and buy a 2013 M5 with 10k miles. What should I be looking out for other than radar guns? I have tried my best to search for a thread along these lines, but I am new today 3/6/16, so forgive me please if I missed the obvious. I assume if it was one of the 600 or so with the faulty oil pump it was taken care of during the recall campaign several years ago. Second owner only had it for a year and only drove it 200 miles. Reportedly a collector, bought the car for his wife and she didn't like it. Cause for suspicion to me. Judging by the seat position, she was very short. The drivers seat was all the way up and fairly far forward. Traded it for new Porsche, Macan. I read about cooling line connections that can leak due to heat exposure and the factory resolution for that being insulating jackets. I will take engine cover off and have a look for that tomorrow. It drove amazingly well. Easy to manage at "normal" driving speeds and of course an absolute beast at hooligan speed. My wife really likes it. It will be her daily driver, replacing our 2005 645Ci and our weekend excursion mobile. We have an 88 M6 and a 2001 M Roadster, so we are familiar with the usual unusually high costs of ownership and maintenance that goes along with an M car. The only car fax reports are the 1,200 mile M required fluid change and then oil/filter when first owner traded it back in at the original dealership. Your seasoned advice would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 04:18 PM   #2
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

I'm fairly new here too, lots of very knowledgeable folks here. I'm not sure if this link will be helpful to you.... http://f10.m5post.com/forums/index.php

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 08:29 PM   #3
R M FIVE
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Thanks Rabauke, I did see that one. Jelly of your Z4 coupe.

Last edited by R M FIVE; 03-06-2016 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: misspelling
Appreciate 0