BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

10-28-2015, 05:01 PM   #1
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
ProjectCars: E92 M3 Nordschleife B2G - Real vs Video Game

I posted this video in TomElektro's thread, but figured it might be appreciated here. I took one of Tom's spectacular laps and matched it up with a recording of me driving the the E92 M3 GT4 around the Nordschleife in ProjectCARS.

I haven't had the game too long, and I'm still playing on the PS4 DualShock controller (so twitchy!). I'm waiting on the T300 + Ferrari Wheel + T3PA combo to come out in December before I order a wheel. I'm also still using the driving line guide to learn the correct line and corner speeds.

Before anyone loses their mind, the point of this is not to compare my virtual driving to Tom's real world driving. I just found it interesting how close the game was to real life. If you pause the game video so Tom can catch up after encountering traffic, the laps are really similar. You can see lots of times where the cars get loose in the same sections. How cool is that!?

Anyway, enjoy!

Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 06:40 AM   #2
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Project Cars is a very cool racing game adaption, I play it via Steam with TM's T500 Ferrari Wheel and full pedal quadrant and surely onto PC.
Like it very much, one of my fav tracks are Le Mans, knowing the area for real, they made it very close to the reality.
But to speak for the game itself, I must complain about the AI and some other upsets, although they patch it very often, some of these "features" are very annoying. But for the price you'll get a good offer and if you dont take it too serious, you could have a lot of fun.
Just my 5cts

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0