BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

12-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
wilsoncrosby
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Thumbs up mdb file

I have a database in mdb format that will not open. When I try to open the file I get an error:
"The Microsoft Access database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change data at the same time"

I was the only user accessing the database and this occurred after a compact/repair.

Any ideas on how to get the db working again?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 04:40 PM   #2
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Did you store the base onto a synchronized server and your hard disk? Seems like a synchro error...if thats is it not: Another compiler session tested before use? Just to ensure that the base is comleted after last wrote in?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
harleywright
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Short guide can be helpful for you, if not see helpful topics are collected over Internet, if again they can't help you, then your corruption is complicated and needs to solve via more powerful solution https://www.openfiletool.com/mdbopen.html MDB Open File Tool

• Launch the Microsoft Access application, but do not try to open the corrupted MDB file.
• Go to "Tools" in the top menu bar, expand the "Database Utilities" submenu and select the "Compact and Repair Database" option if you are using Access 2002 or 2003. If you are using Access 2007 or 2010, you can find the "Compact and Repair Database" option by clicking the Microsoft Office button and going to the "Manage" menu.
• Highlight the MDB file that you want to restore and click the "Compact" button.
• Enter a name for a new database file, which will contain the restored data from the damaged MDB file.
• Navigate to the location on your hard drive where you want to save the restored version of the file.
• Click the "Save" button. Access will now compact and repair the MDB file and save a restored version in the location you selected.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 07:36 PM   #4
Riley2968
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi,wilsoncrosby

The mdb file format is very complex. It starts with a file header containing the meta information of the whole file, followed by several parts containing the actual data. You can find more detailed information about the mdb file format by searching on Google with the keyword “mdb file format”. If the file header containing the meta information is corrupt, or any follow-up parts are damaged or corrupted, then you will not be able to open the file correctly with MS Access. In such a case, the first step is to try to use the built-in repair or recovery function in the MS Access, to see if it can repair or recover the corrupt file. If not, then you need to resort to a third-party Access repair software to scan the corrupted file and retrieve all recoverable data for you. It is also possible to find a data recovery expert or company to do the task, but in most of the cases, they will also use a third-party tool to do the recovery for you.

First of all, you can try the build-in "Compact and Repair" command in Access to repair your corrupt database, you can get more detailed info at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...010341740.aspx
http://databases.about.com/od/tutori...3-Database.htm

If the above method does not work, then you can try third-party Access data recovery tools, such as DataNumen Access Repair at:

https://www.datanumen.com/access-repair/

I have used the tool in the past and it helps recovering some valuable data for me. The tool has a free demo so that you can try before you buy.

The main difference between using the software by yourself and by a third-party service company is:
(1) The company is familiar with the data recovery industry so he knows which software is the best one. While you need to search and compare the software online by yourself, which is time-consuming.
(2) The company purchases the software for multiple usages, while you purchase the software for one-time usage only. So normally the service fee may be cheaper than the license fee for the software.
(3) DIY will keep your data confidential while do the recovery via a company may cause data breach.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Last edited by Riley2968; 03-30-2017 at 04:16 AM..
Appreciate 0