BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

03-21-2018, 12:53 AM   #1
LOL_AMG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 7 Series

My 2018 7 series 2 weeks old. Lowered using ghost links on 22 inch Blaque diamond wheels all chrome blacked out and windows tinted.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-21-2018, 02:47 AM   #2
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
LOL_AMG It looks like your image(s) didn't attach...

Looking forward to seeing your new pride and joy!
      03-21-2018, 11:54 PM   #3
LOL_AMG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelo Cat View Post

Updated
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 06:45 AM   #4
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Wow, stunning.

I'm not a black colour car person generally...but that does look great.

Love the look of those 22s and lowered, my back complains just looking at it though! (coming from an M5, you'll still feel it is luxury in comparison I imagine!)

Welcome to the 7 , you'll not want to go back to any other model now...

How do you find it compared to your M5?
      03-22-2018, 08:46 AM   #5
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Looks awesome, what's wheels that big done to the ride quality though? Is it still good?

What colour have you got the interior? Is that black as well?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 02:44 AM   #6
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

I don't know if you're into sci-fi themes but may I call your ride as Darth Vader's car
That's the coolest 7 Series of not one of the coolest
      03-23-2018, 12:03 PM   #7
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
I don't know if you're into sci-fi themes but may I call your ride as Darth Vader's car
I was thinking more it was a drug dealers car but lets go with your theory instead
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 01:05 PM   #8
LOL_AMG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wow, stunning.

Love the look of those 22s and lowered, my back complains just looking at it though! (coming from an M5, you'll still feel it is luxury in comparison I imagine!)

Quote:
Wow, stunning.

This is my second 7 series I cam out of my 2015 m5 to a 2016 7 series done the same way, I can't get away from the ride comfort and tech. It's amazing. I do miss the speed and power of the m5 though.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 01:06 PM   #9
LOL_AMG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Looks awesome, what's wheels that big done to the ride quality though? Is it still good?

What colour have you got the interior? Is that black as well?
Quote:
Wow, stunning.

The ride quality on 22s is exactly the same to the stock 20s but when I do notice a difference is when it's lowered on bumps it's a little but tougher but still smoother than my lowered m5 was.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 01:07 PM   #10
LOL_AMG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I was thinking more it was a drug dealers car but lets go with your theory instead
Quote:
Wow, stunning.

My fiancé said the same thing
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #11
LOL_AMG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Wow, stunning.

I wanted a dearth personalized plate but they are all taken
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 01:10 PM   #12
LOL_AMG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Wow, stunning.

Quote:

My 2016 7 series...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #13
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL_AMG View Post
The ride quality on 22s is exactly the same to the stock 20s but when I do notice a difference is when it's lowered on bumps it's a little but tougher but still smoother than my lowered m5 was.
So this is an interesting comment. What size wheels did you have on your M5 and was it a competition pack?

My F10 M5 is on 19's because UK roads are pretty bad and not the comp pack either. I did drive a M5 on 20's with the comp pack and after an hour on some A / B roads I wanted to get out. It was too uncomfortable for a long trip. In reverse with 19's and without the comp pack it's super comfortable. Not quite a 7 series of course but still the most comfortable car I've owned to date.

This could be useful for Pelo Cat as he's interested in bigger wheels but also likes his comfort. The F10 M5 goes from one end of the spectrum to being extremely comfortable to the other end where I can imagine on 20's, comp suspension and lowered being too firm for our roads here. Hence if your M5 was on the worst side for comfort there, saying the 7 on 22's is better might still mean it wouldn't be good enough for Pelo Cat.

Not saying it isn't comfortable of course, just we've some awful roads in this country so have to compromise a little on the styling / looks to get a car that won't break our bones travelling down our roads
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 03:22 PM   #14
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This is my second 7 series I cam out of my 2015 m5 to a 2016 7 series done the same way, I can't get away from the ride comfort and tech. It's amazing. I do miss the speed and power of the m5 though.
Nice, both look stunning by the way, very nice work. ^ Thanks for sharing and adding the comments about migrating from the M5...it seems a few M5ers have come over to the dark side!

Completely with you on the ride comfort and technology and value for money compared to any other BMW...on my second as well (but first was an F01)...hoping it will remain so for as long as I can drive!

Quote:
Ah, music to my ears...I love the way 22s look on the 7...but am concerned about ride quality on such a large rim and rubber band tire...not looking to lower at all, roads to bad here but had just about settled for 21's until your comment...22s would be stunning. (and proper Gangsta and Cat like!) Good to know, thanks again for the comments!

Quote:
My fiancé said the same thing
I hope you told her to "Never underestimate the power of the force?"

Quote:
So this is an interesting comment. What size wheels did you have on your M5 and was it a competition pack?

My F10 M5 is on 19's because UK roads are pretty bad and not the comp pack either. I did drive a M5 on 20's with the comp pack and after an hour on some A / B roads I wanted to get out. It was too uncomfortable for a long trip. In reverse with 19's and without the comp pack it's super comfortable. Not quite a 7 series of course but still the most comfortable car I've owned to date.

This could be useful for Pelo Cat as he's interested in bigger wheels but also likes his comfort. The F10 M5 goes from one end of the spectrum to being extremely comfortable to the other end where I can imagine on 20's, comp suspension and lowered being too firm for our roads here. Hence if your M5 was on the worst side for comfort there, saying the 7 on 22's is better might still mean it wouldn't be good enough for Pelo Cat.

Not saying it isn't comfortable of course, just we've some awful roads in this country so have to compromise a little on the styling / looks to get a car that won't break our bones travelling down our roads
Would be great to know, I'd love 22s if the suspension would handle this and still provide a 'princess ride quality'...It would be the one thing I could lord it over FastLaneJB...

Safe travels.
      03-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #15
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Nice, both look stunning by the way, very nice work. ^ Thanks for sharing and adding the comments about migrating from the M5...it seems a few M5ers have come over to the dark side!
In fairness if I could get the new M5 for the price I got my old one it would have been hard to justify the 760 however it's more that I don't want to drive the same car 2 times in a row. You only live once, I want to try all sorts of different car types and ultimately... V12!!!

As it stands at the moment, the new M5 works out way more expensive than a 760. Not just a bit, but an awful lot. Once the dusts settled and probably a LCI who knows but maybe I'll be stuck on the comfort and tech of a 7 forever more by then.

Quote:
Ah, music to my ears...I love the way 22s look on the 7...but am concerned about ride quality on such a large rim and rubber band tire...not looking to lower at all, roads to bad here but had just about settled for 21's until your comment...22s would be stunning. (and proper Gangsta and Cat like!) Good to know, thanks again for the comments!
My gut tells me that might be a step too far to still have the comfort you want. Can also just imagine your chances of cracking them on our lovely roads

Ideally you want to be able to get them and have a means to return if they aren't comfortable enough. Got to try it as it'll be quite a bit of money to drop, don't want to regret it for the ride.

Quote:
Would be great to know, I'd love 22s if the suspension would handle this and still provide a 'princess ride quality'...It would be the one thing I could lord it over FastLaneJB...

Safe travels.

I'm happy with the 20s that the 760 have unique to them, I think they look pretty cool. I've also no problems with a bit of rubber so don't need the biggest wheels you can fit. A sensible compromise between looks and comfort I think.

We'll have to meet up though so you can try mine on 20's and me try yours on 18's if you still have 18's.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 06:08 PM   #16
Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
In fairness if I could get the new M5 for the price I got my old one it would have been hard to justify the 760 however it's more that I don't want to drive the same car 2 times in a row. You only live once, I want to try all sorts of different car types and ultimately... V12!!!

As it stands at the moment, the new M5 works out way more expensive than a 760. Not just a bit, but an awful lot. Once the dusts settled and probably a LCI who knows but maybe I'll be stuck on the comfort and tech of a 7 forever more by then.
No chance, once your backside is used to that suspension and ride...you'll be hooked on that alone, include the power and acceleration of the x-drive V12...for the road....and in 4 years time I envision an 'Oliver' with his bowl out saying 'please sir, I'd like some more!'

Quote:
My gut tells me that might be a step too far to still have the comfort you want. Can also just imagine your chances of cracking them on our lovely roads

Ideally you want to be able to get them and have a means to return if they aren't comfortable enough. Got to try it as it'll be quite a bit of money to drop, don't want to regret it for the ride.
Not to derail LOL_AMG's thread and this stunning ride, but yeah, good point about cracking them on bad roads...and there are plenty in Southampton, where I am every week...so 21's may be a good compromise. Can't imagine anyone being willing to let me try them and then return them if they are too harsh, only chance is to find a AUV in the line up with 21's and see if I can give that a spin...Don't think BMW do an official 22 do they? (that fits on the 7, not looked but seems they are usually aftermarket.) Definitely won't get two cracks at this so need to be sensible!

I do love how the 22s on LOL_AMG make the (brake) disks look like a child's toy they are so small in comparison! Those are some massive and beautiful rims. ^

Quote:
I'm happy with the 20s that the 760 have unique to them, I think they look pretty cool. I've also no problems with a bit of rubber so don't need the biggest wheels you can fit. A sensible compromise between looks and comfort I think.

We'll have to meet up though so you can try mine on 20's and me try yours on 18's if you still have 18's.
Yeah, I imagine that if I had got 19s or 20s I'd stick with one rim and just swap tires out for the seasons but as I'm on the Princess/Poor Man 18s, I'll mix it up a bit...The ones vivaltaReagan has are still my front runners in 21s. If I was a completely black rim type of guy then these 22s above are brilliant as they are a lovely radial spoke style I love...the m550 5 spoke are also stunning but as mentioned, I'm personally not a 5 spoke rim person. (that does look great on MSport or sporty cars...mine's a posh mattress on wheels.

Definitely have to meet up, would be great to try another 7 (especially such a special one, hell, I'd be happy to just get a ride...but yeah, happy for you to try out the 18s and princess mode....be careful...you may like it!

Back to that black beauty: Its too bad you can't get a red icon adaptive daytime lights setup LOL_AMG...that would finish the look off brilliantly and scare lesser cars from your path!
      03-25-2018, 01:16 AM   #17
LOL_AMG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I had my m5 on 20s comp pack but I swapped out the springs for even sportier springs. It was a solid drive and perfect for that type of car but daily driving over bumps was rough.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 01:29 AM   #18
LOL_AMG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Safe travels.

I would be curious to know some of the 760 lease payments. I got a great deal on my 7... over 26k off a deal I couldn't pass up.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 09:14 AM   #19
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I had my m5 on 20s comp pack but I swapped out the springs for even sportier springs. It was a solid drive and perfect for that type of car but daily driving over bumps was rough.
Yeah that wouldn't work well in the UK, you'd be in hospital for broken bones

Quote:
I would be curious to know some of the 760 lease payments. I got a great deal on my 7... over 26k off a deal I couldn't pass up.
Don't know about in the US but in the UK the deals on the 760 are stronger still than on the lower 7 series (Which are still great deals)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2018, 05:21 PM   #20
cj723
Rep
Drives: ig: that7series

May I ask how much it cost for install?

The shop I called sounded shocked that I wanted to them to install them for me- but if I do it myself, I'll have zero idea what I'm doing, and I'll just be wasting my life/not being in a peaceful mood.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2018, 01:16 AM   #21
LOL_AMG
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj723 View Post
May I ask how much it cost for install?

The shop I called sounded shocked that I wanted to them to install them for me- but if I do it myself, I'll have zero idea what I'm doing, and I'll just be wasting my life/not being in a peaceful mood.
I paid $175 for links install then $200 for an alignment. Honestly at this point I could do it myself since I have adjusted mine a few times since they were put on. It's very easy and just need to measure and adjust little by little.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 02:40 PM   #22
ld757
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 750xi

Very nice car, but you have missed two places.
Front and rear roundels.
IMHO, without it, it is not complete... :-)

Name:  IMG_1232.jpg
Views: 5135
Size:  696.3 KB
Appreciate 0