BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

04-11-2018, 11:58 AM   #1
Anonymous 2
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 750LI G12

2key fob or only one?

Hi Guys,
yesterday i got an used 2016 BMW 750LI, which doesn't have the Remote parking option.
and only i got one key fob and the dealer told me,"the 2nd key fob only comes with the remote parking option"
Does the 2nd key fob come only with remote parking option?
Name:  956211aa-dc81-4755-8dea-03ca24faab8c.JPG
Views: 371
Size:  60.6 KB

Last edited by Anonymous 2; 04-11-2018 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 01:23 PM   #2
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

I'm picking my new one up tomorrow so can see what I get but this might vary from region to region as well.
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #3
MrOhnoez
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

They've changed it so many dang times now...
BUT!
From BMW themselves on dealerspeed. for USA at least.

Update 3/18/2016 - Additional Remote Key Fob with Display Key:

Since launching in October 2015, the all-new 7 Series has received widespread acclaim and established itself as the most innovative vehicle in its segment. Of the 25 brand new innovations, the Display Key remains extremely popular among our 7 Series customers.

From the initial vehicle launch through February 2016 production, all Display Key (Option 3DS) orders are accompanied by one complete remote key fob (with valet insert), and one valet insert. In anticipation of potential customer demand, BMW of North America is pleased to announce that as of March 2016 production, every Display Key (Option 3DS) order will be accompanied by two complete remote key fobs and one valet insert from the Factory.

With the understanding that this update reflects a mid-model year option change, BMW of North America has devised a plan to compensate early-adopter customers, who ordered Option 3DS between SOP and February 2016. If a customer requests an additional remote key fob, dealers can order and deliver a second complete remote key fob at no cost to a customer.

The costs associated with the additional remote key fobs will be covered by BMW NA following the process outlined below.

Dealers must order the specific remote key fob that matches each customer’s vehicle AND the valet insert to create a complete key fob.
Note: The same valet insert works with all three types of remote key fobs.

Remote Key Fob Part No. Valet Insert Part No.

Standard (9389405) + (7409076)

M (9389409) + (7409076)

Individual (7856620) + (7409076)

2. The following defect code will be used for warranty claims:

85 10 03 01 NA [G12 Additional Customer Key Request]

Please refer to SI B01 06 16 for details.

In order to make the process convenient for our dealers and customers, all coding, programming, and related processing will be handled by Parts Distribution in Nazareth. After the keys arrive in dealerships, dealers simply activate the keys and deliver to customers through means that constitute a luxury experience. Whether it is personally delivering to homes/offices or contacting customers for in-dealership Encore appointments, a complimentary second remote key fob is sure to surprise and delight our customers.

Disclaimer: Dealers may only submit warranty claims for keys purchased. The simple process for key activation can be completed within minutes and will not be eligible for additional FRU reimbursement.
Appreciate 2
      04-11-2018, 02:23 PM   #4
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

I'm on mobile currently and it doesn't show country of poster however I see the OP said it's a 750Li. They don't put L in the model name in the US because they are all Long Wheel Bases. So guessing they live in a different country?

That's a great post though, maybe the second key fob was rolled out to other countries.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2018, 06:45 PM   #5
Anonymous 2
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
I'm on mobile currently and it doesn't show country of poster however I see the OP said it's a 750Li. They don't put L in the model name in the US because they are all Long Wheel Bases. So guessing they live in a different country?

That's a great post though, maybe the second key fob was rolled out to other countries.
I bought the car from Canada,
      04-12-2018, 07:06 PM   #6
Anonymous 2
Private
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOhnoez View Post
They've changed it so many dang times now...
BUT!
From BMW themselves on dealerspeed. for USA at least.

Update 3/18/2016 - Additional Remote Key Fob with Display Key:

Since launching in October 2015, the all-new 7 Series has received widespread acclaim and established itself as the most innovative vehicle in its segment. Of the 25 brand new innovations, the Display Key remains extremely popular among our 7 Series customers.

From the initial vehicle launch through February 2016 production, all Display Key (Option 3DS) orders are accompanied by one complete remote key fob (with valet insert), and one valet insert. In anticipation of potential customer demand, BMW of North America is pleased to announce that as of March 2016 production, every Display Key (Option 3DS) order will be accompanied by two complete remote key fobs and one valet insert from the Factory.

With the understanding that this update reflects a mid-model year option change, BMW of North America has devised a plan to compensate early-adopter customers, who ordered Option 3DS between SOP and February 2016. If a customer requests an additional remote key fob, dealers can order and deliver a second complete remote key fob at no cost to a customer.

The costs associated with the additional remote key fobs will be covered by BMW NA following the process outlined below.

Dealers must order the specific remote key fob that matches each customer’s vehicle AND the valet insert to create a complete key fob.
Note: The same valet insert works with all three types of remote key fobs.

Remote Key Fob Part No. Valet Insert Part No.

Standard (9389405) + (7409076)

M (9389409) + (7409076)

Individual (7856620) + (7409076)

2. The following defect code will be used for warranty claims:

85 10 03 01 NA [G12 Additional Customer Key Request]

Please refer to SI B01 06 16 for details.

In order to make the process convenient for our dealers and customers, all coding, programming, and related processing will be handled by Parts Distribution in Nazareth. After the keys arrive in dealerships, dealers simply activate the keys and deliver to customers through means that constitute a luxury experience. Whether it is personally delivering to homes/offices or contacting customers for in-dealership Encore appointments, a complimentary second remote key fob is sure to surprise and delight our customers.

Disclaimer: Dealers may only submit warranty claims for keys purchased. The simple process for key activation can be completed within minutes and will not be eligible for additional FRU reimbursement.
Dear MrOhnoez,
for me who transported the car from Canada to turkey, how can i order the 2nd one? can the dealership get it for me in here?
      04-13-2018, 12:01 AM   #7
MrOhnoez
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous 2 View Post
Dear MrOhnoez,
for me who transported the car from Canada to turkey, how can i order the 2nd one? can the dealership get it for me in here?
I'm in the US.
For us we need proof of ownership of the car, as well as your ID.
It's also needed to be paid in full before you receive the item. (obviously) but some items we order without payment knowing we could sell them if the guy backs out.
Appreciate 0