BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

09-27-2017, 03:56 PM   #1
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

2019 BMW 7-Series LCI Now Testing

Quote:
BMW has started working on the mid-life facelift of the 7-Series, or as the Bavarians call it the 7-Series LCI.

With Mercedes having just released the facelifted S-Class and Audi launching the all-new A8, BMW can’t risk falling behind in the big league so sending the 7-Series to the plastic surgeon was the right thing to do.

The update will include more comprehensive changes that those seen in other recent LCI model facelifts, including new, more handsome headlights and taillights with a thinner profile for a more dynamic look. A different kidney grille and redesigned bumpers are also on the to-do list.

Inside, the BMW flagship will feature upgraded tech features as well as an updated list of safety features that will represent the absolute best the Bavarian firm has to offer. This will include a similarly capable self-driving feature with the Audi A8, which is the only one currently to offer Level 3 autonomy.

The range of engines will also be updated for more power and less emissions, with plug-in hybrid versions probably adding a bit more electric juice into the mix. Stay tuned for more info on the facelifted BMW 7-Series as we have them.
http://www.carscoops.com/2017/09/fac...-to-adopt.html

Appreciate 1
Dackelone10511.00
      09-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #2
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

To bring it more in line with the upcoming line for Bayerische Motoren Werke of which the 7er is now designated under. It will get the more chiselled and three dimensional looks of the X7 and the upcoming 8er which we will see in Spring 2018.
This LCI 7er won't debut until mid-2019. But it will have features similar to the Vision Future Luxury Concept Car which people through it portrayed the next 7er which was launched a year later even though the design freeze for the G11/G12 was already in place.
Attached Images

09-27-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
supra93
Colonel
Rep

BMW Spied Testing Refreshed 7 Series In Germany

Quote:
There are a pair of the updated models in these photos.

The current BMW 7 Series is only a couple years old, but spy shots show that the Germans already have a styling refresh under development.

The latest 7 Series is a fairly attractive big sedan, and it doesn’t appear that the company intends to overhaul the handsome look for this refresh. This example doesn’t have the final headlights, but the existence of these placeholder units suggest that the automaker has some illumination upgrades in mind. The hood dips down over the kidney grille here, but this is likely to hide the production model’s contoured shape rather than a new design element. The firm’s camouflage largely obscures the lower fascia, so it’s hard to get an idea of the changes.

There don’t appear to be any changes to the 7 Series’ profile, but the company completely conceals the rear bumper. The clear panels over the taillights suggest updated units underneath. The exhausts are still nicely integrated into the back, and the lower part of the rear appears slightly more angular than the current model.

Unfortunately, these photos don’t provide a look inside the 7 Series, but BMW would likely use the refresh as an opportunity to revise the cabin a little. The company likes to pack cutting-edge features into its range-topping sedan before the amenities trickle down to less expensive vehicles. For example, the firm began public testing of autonomous tech for the 7 Series this year.

Powertrain upgrades to accompany this refresh are also a mystery at this time. A major overhaul seems unlikely, but BMW might massage the current powerplants to get a little more output from them.

BMW already upgraded its range for the current model year. This suggests the updates on display here are at least a few months away. If the tweaks are as minor as some revised bumpers and new interior trim, the changes could potentially arrive as soon as next year.
https://www.motor1.com/news/181690/b...refresh-spied/

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2017, 08:55 PM   #4
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Still waiting for the m7. Still. Waiting.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 06:41 AM   #5
advantage20
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 330d

Another admission of failure and a way to piss buyers of the pre-LCI who will see the value of their vehicle drop more than expected (versus the only lightly updated S Class).

Last edited by advantage20; 09-28-2017 at 06:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #6
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantage20 View Post
Another admission of failure and a way to piss buyers of the pre-LCI who will see the value of their vehicle drop more than expected (versus the only lightly updated S Class).
THIS!
      09-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #7
supra93
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
Are there any plans for a M7?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2017, 10:41 PM   #8
djse60
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW iX50 Sport

The M760 is your M7 for now.

DJ
2024 BMW iX50 11/18 - Retired 2022 BMW iX50 - 2019 BMW X5 50i - 2017 BMW i7 - 2015 750Lxi Indiv -2014 650xi GC - 2013 AH3 - 2011 550xi GT - 09 335i Vert - 08 M3 Sedan - 08 535i - 04 330Ci ZHP - 04 M3 CIC LSB
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 12:05 AM   #9
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

G11/12 7 Series is already the best looking car in its class to me , however headlamp department really needs some touch ups as they're too imposing (that's may be a good thing ) but overall they look too raw and "Angy Birdesque"
      09-29-2017, 01:15 AM   #10
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundguy1 View Post
It exists, but why?

I want BMW to stop saturating and blurring line. We need M2 or M3, M5, and M8. We do not need additional lines.

Back on topic, that looks too divergent to be the LCI G12.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 07:23 PM   #11
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
To bring it more in line with the upcoming line for Bayerische Motoren Werke of which the 7er is now designated under. It will get the more chiselled and three dimensional looks of the X7 and the upcoming 8er which we will see in Spring 2018.
This LCI 7er won't debut until mid-2019. But it will have features similar to the Vision Future Luxury Concept Car which people through it portrayed the next 7er which was launched a year later even though the design freeze for the G11/G12 was already in place.
So this is still 2 years away?

I really want to stay with BMW but really feel they are dragging their feet. X7 and 8 series should have been out by now. The 7 series should have gotten this new tech in 2016, 2 years from now it is going to be behind the curve again. The technology that was supposedly a "game changer" in the current 7 was really all gimmicks.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 07:26 PM   #12
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
So this is still 2 years away?

I really want to stay with BMW but really feel they are dragging their feet. X7 and 8 series should have been out by now. The 7 series should have gotten this new tech in 2016, 2 years from now it is going to be behind the curve again. The technology that was supposedly a "game changer" in the current 7 was really all gimmicks.
What new tech in 2016? That was first year of G12. I am surprised the F87 already has LCI.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 07:32 PM   #13
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
What new tech in 2016? That was first year of G12. I am surprised the F87 already has LCI.
That's my point, they made it seem like the new 7 series was going to be full of great new technology. But it only really got a few gimmicks and a new idrive layout.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 07:33 PM   #14
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
That's my point, they made it seem like the new 7 series was going to be full of great new technology. But it only really got a few gimmicks and a new idrive layout.
I meant what tech were you expecting?

There was new tech, but not utilized stateside.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 07:40 PM   #15
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I meant what tech were you expecting?

There was new tech, but not utilized stateside.
Supposedly from the upcoming model thread, the new x7, and 8 series are coming with new instrument panels, new autonomous driving features, new idrive, and laser headlights. If anything like the concept photos, it should be a pretty big change.

But then again, I could end up being disappointed yet again.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #16
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Supposedly from the upcoming model thread, the new x7, and 8 series are coming with new instrument panels, new autonomous driving features, new idrive, and laser headlights. If anything like the concept photos, it should be a pretty big change.

But then again, I could end up being disappointed yet again.
With HUD, I could care less about instrument panel. Not really into DA features other than 360 cameras and blind spots. I both like and dislike enough about ID5/ID6, so would look forward to another redesign. Laser lights might be good if designed correctly and DOT laws finally change.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2017, 08:32 PM   #17
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
With HUD, I could care less about instrument panel. Not really into DA features other than 360 cameras and blind spots. I both like and dislike enough about ID5/ID6, so would look forward to another redesign. Laser lights might be good if designed correctly and DOT laws finally change.
I thought the same way about the instrument panel before, but after driving a car with a full map inside the instrument panel for a while, it really is nice to have. Just look down real quick for shortcuts or ways around traffic. Either way though the BMW instrument panels look outdated.

Same thing with the autonomous features, never thought I would care for it, but on longer drives and in traffic it is nice having the car do almost everything for you.

With Idrive, there should be more and better built in apps. Also why do they hate google so much? Having the option for Android Auto would be nice.

Aside from the technology, they are also far behind in form factor. Really surprised they are yet to have a real 7 seater suv, or a coupe that compares to the S class. Both of these should have been on the market by now.
BMW seems to be getting back on track, and a year from now it seems like it will all be good again. But for someone like me that needs a new car right now, their line up is pretty disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #18
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I thought the same way about the instrument panel before, but after driving a car with a full map inside the instrument panel for a while, it really is nice to have. Just look down real quick for shortcuts or ways around traffic. Either way though the BMW instrument panels look outdated.

Same thing with the autonomous features, never thought I would care for it, but on longer drives and in traffic it is nice having the car do almost everything for you.

With Idrive, there should be more and better built in apps. Also why do they hate google so much? Having the option for Android Auto would be nice.

Aside from the technology, they are also far behind in form factor. Really surprised they are yet to have a real 7 seater suv, or a coupe that compares to the S class. Both of these should have been on the market by now.
BMW seems to be getting back on track, and a year from now it seems like it will all be good again. But for someone like me that needs a new car right now, their line up is pretty disappointing.
Re panel, to each their own. I have seen nicer ones and just do not care.

With newer IDrive, they removed desired features like pictures at destination and then hid others in submenus requiring additional clicks to reach. As far as Android Auto goes, I have used on a couple rentals and was not that impressed. For those that like to use apps, developers need to build support for ConnectedDrive.

I will never need a 7 seater, but agreed they should have one for those interested. Though, I do think some of the other chassis are diluting the market. We do not need an X1 and X2, X3 and X4, etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2017, 02:38 AM   #19
YungDro
Major
Rep
Drives: -

thread closed....

Last edited by YungDro; 12-10-2019 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-23-2018, 04:30 PM   #20
supra93
Colonel
Rep

2019 BMW 7-Series Caught Getting Ready To Tackle The All-New A8

Quote:
BMW unveiled the latest 7-Series in 2015 and the model is facing stiff competition from the all-new Audi A8 and facelifted Mercedes S-Class. The company is responding by updating its flagship sedan and spy photographers recently car the model undergoing cold weather testing.

As you can see in the photos, the styling changes will likely be minor and include updated fascias and new headlights. The model could also be equipped with a revised grille and modified taillights.

The interior should also see a minor refreshing but details are limited at the moment. Most of the focus will likely be on new technologies and reports have suggested the car could adopt a new digital instrument cluster called “Live Cockpit.” The display will reportedly be similar to the one used in the 8-Series and Z4 concepts.

Speaking of technology, the facelifted 7-Series could have an improved semi-autonomous driving system. There have been reports the model could come with Level 3 technology but BMW’s head of autonomous driving projects recently suggested that technology won’t arrive until 2021.

Under the hood, we can expect to see an updated engine lineup that is more powerful and eco-friendly. The 740e iPerformance, in particular, is expected to have a 2.0-liter TwinPower Turbo four-cylinder engine, an upgraded electric motor, and new batteries which have a higher energy density. These changes could enable the model to have a longer electric-only range as well as an output of approximately 390 hp (290 kW).
https://www.carscoops.com/2018/01/20...tackle-new-a8/

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2018, 02:44 PM   #21
BMWSeven
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: BMW E66

These are butt ugly rims...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2018, 02:02 PM   #22
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWSeven View Post
These are butt ugly rims...
Rims are easier to change than body panels or electronics.
Appreciate 0