BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G70) 7-series and BMW i7 General Discussions

05-04-2024, 10:40 AM   #1
skrontz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 760iX, 2025 X7 M60i

Front Plate Bracket

Does anyone have a MOP for installing the factory front plate bracket on a 2024 760? My search skills have failed me as most online guides are for the third-party brackets. Would have the dealer install it, but got burned once by having it done not level, and my OCD couldn’t handle it.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2024, 02:31 PM   #2
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

I'd have to believe that your dealer's less than perfect job (if this indeed WASN'T your OCD talking) was merely an anomaly. Who's to say it won't be done correctly if you or a professional attempts it next? Anybody can make a mistake. Ultimately it might be best for you to simply have some inherent trust in your dealer. By MY eye, my dealer did mine perfectly (although, uh, I didn't apply a laser to it). If you're still dead set against it, well, best of luck then.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2024, 02:41 PM   #3
skrontz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 760iX, 2025 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DroMike View Post
I'd have to believe that your dealer's less than perfect job (if this indeed WASN'T your OCD talking) was merely an anomaly. Who's to say it won't be done correctly if you or a professional attempts it next? Anybody can make a mistake. Ultimately it might be best for you to simply have some inherent trust in your dealer. By MY eye, my dealer did mine perfectly (although, uh, I didn't apply a laser to it). If you're still dead set against it, well, best of luck then.
I took a bubble level to it, and it was off by a mile. The dealer had admitted to it and redrilled the bumper. I am to say that I will do it correctly, hence my asking for the factory instructions rather than luck 😂
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 03:40 AM   #4
rollingtaser
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i7 M70, SL63

i saw them mounting the bracket - they aligned it to the milimeter

hint:
as i have a system to change the plate, it's like >20mm thick - they told me that because of the radar it's best to mount it the lowest possible.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 08:43 AM   #5
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrontz View Post
I took a bubble level to it, and it was off by a mile. The dealer had admitted to it and redrilled the bumper. I am to say that I will do it correctly, hence my asking for the factory instructions rather than luck 😂
If they've redrilled the bumper, why wouldn't the new bracket fit properly? And if they redrilled in a way that is visible after mounting there is a bigger problem.

I dented mine and the dealer replaced it perfectly, but then it was level when first installed.

Sounds like the dealer violated first rule of craftsmanship: "Measure twice, cut once"
Appreciate 0