BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

03-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

2014 Bmw M4 Dtm

This one will be driven by Martin Tomczyk for BMW team RMG:
http://www.tomczyk.com

From DTM.Com:

BMW M4 DTM ready for the season preparation’s final spurt
By submitting the aerodynamics-homologation documents for their 2014 cars to the German Motor Racing Association, DMSB, BMW concluded a both busy and exciting period. In the past weeks and months, the Bavarians worked flat out on developing the BMW M4 DTM that will be raced by the BMW drivers from the beginning of the 2014 season.

Since 01st March, significant areas of the car mustn’t be altered any more. This means that a new preparation phase for the season that will be kicked off on 04th May at Hockenheim has begun right now. In the forthcoming tests, BMW will focus on enhancing and refining the new package and on learning how to make full use of the BMW M4 DTM’s potential.

The official ITR tests at Budapest (31st March to 03rd April) will offer the journalists the first chance of witnessing BMW’s new challenger on the track and two weeks later at Hockenheim (14th to 17th April), during the second round of the official ITR tests, the DTM enthusiasts also can see the BMW M4 DTM in action.

Then, on 25th April, BMW will get the BMW Motorsport supporters in the right mood for the coming season with the official launch of the eight BMW M4 DTM racers in Munich’s ‘BMW Welt’. Traditionally, the 2014 DTM season will be kicked off at the Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg.

“Even before the BMW M3 DTM completed its final race last season, our development team already was working hard on the 2014 car,” said BMW Motorsport Director Jens Marquardt. “Preparing a new car for DTM is a big challenge. There are only very few other series where the aerodynamics are as important as here. Even the slightest detail can make the difference between success and failure. And this attention to detail shown by our engineers is apparent at first glance – from the elongated bonnet with its steeply sloping front through the aerodynamically optimised wing mirrors to the contoured roofline that is a characteristic feature of the BMW M4.

For me, the BMW M4 DTM is an absolute highlight,” added Marquardt. “Like its production counterpart it looks fantastic and it also made a positive first impression in our tests. Other than during the development of the BMW M3 DTM for our return to DTM in 2012, we were able to hark back to the wealth of experience gained over the course of the last two seasons, this time. Nonetheless, there still is a long way to go. After all, the opposition also kept on developing and enhancing their cars. It is important to continue improving the new car step by step and to make sure that we will be able to get the very best out of it to be able to compete on a par with our strong and experienced rivals right from the start, with the BMW M4 DTM. And I am confident that we will achieve this goal. Already now, every DTM enthusiast may look forward to the first showdown in Hockenheim on 04th May: only then, will we know exactly how competitive the BMW M4 DTM really is.”

Last edited by 954Stealth; 03-08-2014 at 09:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 09:43 AM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

very cool

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 10:16 AM   #3
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

I like the old one better.
      03-08-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

What are they so worried about? I am sure they relatively know what pace the car has.

All they basically changed from last year is the aero package. Even then, it is very similar.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #5
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
It is virtually identical. Minus the headlights, kidneys and tail lights.

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #6
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Quote:
+1, looks like a fat man sat on the front end of the new one.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #7
JesseJames
JC
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93

Looks mean!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 12:25 PM   #8
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

i like the z4 better. must be fun having the exhaust right at your ear.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 12:37 PM   #9
mbox
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

awesome!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 02:01 AM   #10
Triple M
Doc Rebel!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange M3, X5M, Blk 135

With SPEED TV gone, what channel are you guys planning on watching DTM this year. I got same dilemma with F1.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 07:25 AM   #11
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple M View Post
With SPEED TV gone, what channel are you guys planning on watching DTM this year. I got same dilemma with F1.
F1 is on NBC Sports Network this year (it was last year too).
Appreciate 0