BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (G11) 7-series General Discussions

10-11-2016, 04:20 AM   #89
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 730d M Sing Grey, Mocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4b3 View Post
Just back from holiday and chased the dealer - it's in the country now awaiting delivery so hoping next week!
Hi JB, whats the update on yours? It was supposed to be build week 40 for a week 43 delivery right?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 06:06 AM   #90
J4b3
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XF, 730 xdrive on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQF View Post
Hi JB, whats the update on yours? It was supposed to be build week 40 for a week 43 delivery right?

Thanks
I saw the dealer at the weekend and he expected it to be with them this week at some point, so just waiting to hear back
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 07:43 AM   #91
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Talking

Quote:
I saw the dealer at the weekend and he expected it to be with them this week at some point, so just waiting to hear back
Thanks JB so hopefully next week you will have it which is week 42 but can you confirm it was supposed to be due in week 43 please?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #92
AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Tyzer, I think you have the pictures reversed. The wheel is supposed to be on the left, isn't it?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 03:05 PM   #93
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: 730d M-Sport Carbon Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weinschela View Post
Tyzer, I think you have the pictures reversed. The wheel is supposed to be on the left, isn't it?
Ha ha, suits my ambidextrous nature!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 05:04 AM   #94
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Was tracking the ship which docked in southampton early morning and now code if 9650 awaiting dispatch to dealer

which I think covers the time to thorne to be cleared before the next code which is dispatched to dealer...

Dealer thinks maybe by next Friday if it arrives by Wed with them

Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 05:33 AM   #95
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Was tracking the ship which docked in southampton early morning and now code if 9650 awaiting dispatch to dealer

which I think covers the time to thorne to be cleared before the next code which is dispatched to dealer...

Dealer thinks maybe by next Friday if it arrives by Wed with them

Did they give you a dealer delivery date. My initial (genius) said 4th, then as I checked everyday for a week it changed to the 6th, then they ended up delivering on the 4th!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 06:14 AM   #96
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyzer View Post
Did they give you a dealer delivery date. My initial (genius) said 4th, then as I checked everyday for a week it changed to the 6th, then they ended up delivering on the 4th!
He only said it was due with them on the 21st and then said maybe a few days early but can;t promise anything.........

So I asked if it comes early can I have it on the 21st and he said yes

I'm assuming 9650 means on its way to the VDC in Thorne which means at least its about half way to Edinburgh anyway

Do you remember how ong it took from your 9650 code to the 4th? I@m assuming weekend means nothing happens after 5 today anyway
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 08:30 AM   #97
J4b3
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XF, 730 xdrive on order

Quote:
Thanks JB so hopefully next week you will have it which is week 42 but can you confirm it was supposed to be due in week 43 please?
Was due week 43, car is with the dealer now so popping in this afternoon to sign the finance paperwork (gulp) and arrange pick up!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #98
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Was due week 43, car is with the dealer now so popping in this afternoon to sign the finance paperwork (gulp) and arrange pick up!

Congrats nearly there, mine is looking likenext Friday pick up unless I'm unlucky so fingers crossed
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 03:58 AM   #99
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Congrats nearly there, mine is looking likenext Friday pick up unless I'm unlucky so fingers crossed
"9660 Carrier ECM TRANSPORT" according to the genius right now.

Spoke to dealer yesterday and they were saying the 20th but hopefully this means a day early and I can fly up on Friday
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 07:22 AM   #100
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Ola just replied

Thanks for contacting BMW U.K. We appreciate your patronage.

The current status for your BMW 730d is "9800 Arrived Dealer".

:-D :-D :-D
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 10:03 AM   #101
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Ola just replied

Thanks for contacting BMW U.K. We appreciate your patronage.

The current status for your BMW 730d is "9800 Arrived Dealer".

:-D :-D :-D
Fantastic!!!! I think we need a G11/G12 southern England meet! lol
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2016, 02:54 PM   #102
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Fantastic!!!! I think we need a G11/G12 southern England meet! lol
I'm up for that... flying up Friday morning pick up car catch up with a friend then start the 400 miles home
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 03:32 AM   #103
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
I'm up for that... flying up Friday morning pick up car catch up with a friend then start the 400 miles home
Good luck today, updates with pics would be great!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 04:05 AM   #104
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Many thanks mate,

Just landed still on the plane and it looks very grey here will most likely post over the weekend can't wait !!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 06:42 AM   #105
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

And I have a car again

Near Greta green but can't upload photo from phone.

Man is it smoooth and quiet 👍🏽
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 03:56 AM   #106
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Great , you need to resize the photographs to upload images regardless of phone , notebook or tablet
      10-22-2016, 04:45 AM   #107
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
And I have a car again

Near Greta green but can't upload photo from phone.

Man is it smoooth and quiet 👍🏽
My god this forums iPhone app is a pile of dog shite! posted a couple of replies to you and nothing happened.

I was going to do something similar to you and get a car from Peter Vardy in scotland, but the salesperson ended up being rude so killed any chance of a deal.

Did you arrive in good condition? Interested if it was a 110% comfortable experience. I think I might of had the massager on for quite a while!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 06:18 AM   #108
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivarox View Post
Great , you need to resize the photographs to upload images regardless of phone , notebook or tablet
Thanks mate, just loading them onto Google Drive now so with edit and upload after these posts
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 06:26 AM   #109
KQF
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
My god this forums iPhone app is a pile of dog shite! posted a couple of replies to you and nothing happened.

I was going to do something similar to you and get a car from Peter Vardy in scotland, but the salesperson ended up being rude so killed any chance of a deal.

Did you arrive in good condition? Interested if it was a 110% comfortable experience. I think I might of had the massager on for quite a while!
Mate I would recommend it, First time I did it was around 2003/4 picked up a Signum from Ayr near Glasgow - had a lunch and left got home around 10 I remeber I didn;t fill up so was on vapour coming round M25
then again about 5 years back with the F10 535d I had - from Holyhead. took an early train, a lovely drive through Snowdonia national park and onot B'ham where family were picked them up and headed home.

This time.. well you know how fed up I was with dealer but experience was great. I was careful about lower back so planned 3 20 min breaks every 2 hours - where I always walk around the service station car parks. But this car was so smooth I only needed 2. If you are not used to massage seats i was told to only use for a few minutes so I literally had them on for 2 minutes then off - did that a few times to help.

Main advatage of the pick up is it gave me time to really appreciate the car - no kids etc. I had one on the same wheels in March for the day and never appreciated how smooth it was as family were with me and we did 120 miles that day. This time I listened to all the songs I like( if you got kids you know what I mean ) and loved the car.

After 7 hours I was a fine just tired really! whew long post will figure out some pictures now only have 2 or 3...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 06:31 AM   #110
tyzer
Private First Class
England
Rep

Quote:
Mate I would recommend it, First time I did it was around 2003/4 picked up a Signum from Ayr near Glasgow - had a lunch and left got home around 10 I remeber I didn;t fill up so was on vapour coming round M25
then again about 5 years back with the F10 535d I had - from Holyhead. took an early train, a lovely drive through Snowdonia national park and onot B'ham where family were picked them up and headed home.

This time.. well you know how fed up I was with dealer but experience was great. I was careful about lower back so planned 3 20 min breaks every 2 hours - where I always walk around the service station car parks. But this car was so smooth I only needed 2. If you are not used to massage seats i was told to only use for a few minutes so I literally had them on for 2 minutes then off - did that a few times to help.

Main advatage of the pick up is it gave me time to really appreciate the car - no kids etc. I had one on the same wheels in March for the day and never appreciated how smooth it was as family were with me and we did 120 miles that day. This time I listened to all the songs I like( if you got kids you know what I mean ) and loved the car.

After 7 hours I was a fine just tired really! whew long post will figure out some pictures now only have 2 or 3...
Yeah your story was exactly why I was entertaining the idea. I did buy an X5 from an infiniti dealer in glasgow a few years back, but a 2007 X5 is far far from my 7 Series today.

I have been using the heated seat/massager combo on the run home after work which is just glorious, broke the 2 min rule!
Appreciate 0