BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

10-06-2009, 01:26 AM   #1
dxbf02
Rep
Drives: '09 750Li

2 Questions....

Just picked up my F02 last night (pics to come once I receive my 21" wheels). Have 2 quick questions:

1. My iPod playlist does not work; says no playlists, although I have over 10 on my iPod. Is there any software update I have to do on the iPod?

2. The pedestrian detection does not work on the Night Vision. Glancing thru the handbook on the iDrive, it says the "environment" has to be proper in order to PD to work. But PD does not work anywhere. What gives?

btw, this is a fun car to drive (and this is coming from a 997 turbo (which I had to give up due to the twins that are soon to arrive )

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
hayden
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 750Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxbf02 View Post
1. My iPod playlist does not work; says no playlists, although I have over 10 on my iPod. Is there any software update I have to do on the iPod?

2. The pedestrian detection does not work on the Night Vision. Glancing thru the handbook on the iDrive, it says the "environment" has to be proper in order to PD to work. But PD does not work anywhere. What gives?
Congrats!

Regarding you first question: What generation iPod are you using? I had to upgrade my iPod to a newer generation to get it to work properly.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Quote:
Just picked up my F02 last night (pics to come once I receive my 21" wheels). Have 2 quick questions:

btw, this is a fun car to drive (and this is coming from a 997 turbo (which I had to give up due to the twins that are soon to arrive )

Thanks in advance.
As to question number 1, see Haydens message above. In regards to the PD, if memory serves me right, the car has to be moving at a certain speed (don't remember how fast) and the ambient temperature has to be cool enough for the system to distinguish between a person and the surroundings.
I don't think that PD works if the car is stationary and people walk in front of the car.

How did you test the PD function?

Also, I assume that you actually enabled the function as by default it is not!

I noticed that when I enable the night vision camera on my car, the PD function is always turned off and I need to first select it and turn it on for it to work!
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
dxbf02
Rep

1. I am using the latest generation iPod nano. I have a few more lying at home, so will test them out. Which generation iPod's are you guys using?

2. I have enabled the PD. I choose that option, but nothing happens. I have tried it going at around 40 kmh, 20kmh. 60kmh. It is around 34 degrees outside, but I am pretty sure that should not effect the PD.

Oh and a new thing happened today. I switched the NAV to "Automatic" day/night. And now its stuck at Night (today morning).

I tried out the Sat Nav yesterday. I get the trun by turn directions on the on the HUD. Is there anyway I can get the same to appear on the Nav screen (like the older iDrive systems)?

Last gripe (promise....so far): I have enabled the Home Light to 40s, but whenever I lock the doors (remote of by pressing the handle), the exterior lights turn off immiedately. I checked the Handbook, and am doing everything correct (I think). Do you guys have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your responses.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 02:03 AM   #5
ronushi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a maniac

In the meantime post your pics with the regular rims... we know it still looks good.....
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 12:40 PM   #6
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
1. I am using the latest generation iPod nano. I have a few more lying at home, so will test them out. Which generation iPod's are you guys using?

2. I have enabled the PD. I choose that option, but nothing happens. I have tried it going at around 40 kmh, 20kmh. 60kmh. It is around 34 degrees outside, but I am pretty sure that should not effect the PD.

Oh and a new thing happened today. I switched the NAV to "Automatic" day/night. And now its stuck at Night (today morning).

I tried out the Sat Nav yesterday. I get the trun by turn directions on the on the HUD. Is there anyway I can get the same to appear on the Nav screen (like the older iDrive systems)?

Last gripe (promise....so far): I have enabled the Home Light to 40s, but whenever I lock the doors (remote of by pressing the handle), the exterior lights turn off immiedately. I checked the Handbook, and am doing everything correct (I think). Do you guys have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks for your responses.
1. I don't use an iPod or iPhone for my music. I plugged a 64GB USB stick (with about 800MB of free space on it ) into the center console arm rests USB port and that's what I use for my music source.

2. Well, according to the manual, you need to be traveling at a rate of more than 6mph/10km/h and people need to be at least 49ft/15m in front of the car for the system to be able to detect and recognize a person. It also states that there needs to be a sufficient enough temperature difference between the surroundings and people for the system to be able to make the distinction. The detection works up to a distance of 328ft/100m. So I assume that if there are enough other warm or hot objects around in the view field of the camera, and the people you think the system should recognize are too far or too close (which I hope they aren't or else you have a problem!), the system will not be able to recognize them. I think I also read somewhere that the system does make a distinction between people that are walking on the road or those that are on the side walk. It will not warn you of people that are not on the road. It also will not recognize a person if that person is lying on the road!

3. I don't have an issue with my NAV screen changing from day to night mode. It worked perfectly from day one. But I do know that someone else had an issue with the screen not changing too. Do a search and you should find it. Although I don't think any solutions have been posted for it yet. You may need a software upgrade to get that fixed?!?

4. The turn by turn instruction should show up if you select split screen in the NAV menu and select arrow display on the split side!

5. Home light. I don't really use this function. Have to give it a try and see what mine does.
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #7
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Hope this helps:

Name:  2009_7_Series_Sedan_Owners_Manual_P117.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  407.8 KB

Name:  2009_7_Series_Sedan_Owners_Manual_P118.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  398.6 KB

Name:  2009_7_Series_Sedan_Owners_Manual_P119.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  299.9 KB
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
dxbf02
Rep

Thanks for the info. I guess I will be a little more patient with the Night Vision, and see if PD works.
Appreciate 0