BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > (F01) 7-series General Discussions

08-08-2009, 01:47 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Post A new definition of maximum security: The new BMW 7 Series High Security

08.08.2009 Press Release

A new definition of maximum security: The new BMW 7 Series High
Security. Munich. With the launch of a new generation of high-security
sedans based on the BMW 7 Series, the leading supplier of premium
vehicles meets the most stringent safety requirements for persons at
risk while travelling in their vehicles.

Both the BMW 760Li High Security and the BMW 750Li High Security are the first models in the world to be certified to BRV 2009 and both vehicles meet the requirements of the new ballistic protection level VR7. Due to their highly effective protective armour, the non-transparent body areas of the BMW 760Li High Security and the BMW 750Li High Security meet the requirements of the ballistic protection level VR9. Hence, both the BMW 760Li High Security and the BMW 750Li High Security provide optimum safety in the individual mobility segment in combination with unparalleled comfort of travel, superior drive technology and an abundance of innovative equipment features to guarantee confident motoring at all times.

The two BMW high security sedans set new standards in the protection of persons at risk while travelling in their vehicle. The unique security concept is based on findings which BMW gained as a result of its determined development work and on more than thirty years of experience in security vehicle engineering. The security concept was developed parallel to the production model and the integration of safety components is an integral part of the vehicle production process at BMW’s Dingolfing plant. Specific chassis components are perfectly adapted to the increase in weight due to the sedans’ armour plating. Hence, reinforced suspension, dampers and suspension strut top mountings are part of the model-specific component range. This approach ensures finely-tuned vehicle performance characteristics that cannot be achieved by retrofitted armour plating.

Reinforced vehicle-specific armour plating made from special steel as well as newly developed safety glazing protect the passenger compartment in particular from attacks of all kinds. The passenger compartment is protected by armour plating of the doors, the roof, the pillars, the front footwell and the separation wall between passenger and luggage compartments. The steel panels, which were manufactured by means of a special technique, fit the body contours perfectly. The model-specific gap sealing ensures that critical areas such as door cut and body joint lines are safely sealed. The sedans’ undercarriage is armoured by special plating which was developed with a particular focus on maximum explosion protection. Another new development is the sedans’ 2.4” (6 cm) safety glazing. Due to its innovative structure, the multi-layer laminated glass cover provides a unique level of resistance. The window panes are covered with a polycarbonate layer on the inside in order to prevent shattered glass particles from penetrating the interior.

Driving dynamics and comfort on a par with production models. Even with the highly effective security equipment, both the exclusive character of the interior as well as the driving dynamics that are typical of BMW 7 Series luxury sedans has been virtually retained. Despite their extensive safety equipment, both the BMW 760Li High Security and the BMW 750Li High Security can hardly be distinguished from the corresponding production models.

The sedans’ high protection level, which is second to none, is combined with a prestigious appearance, outstanding comfort of travel and an impressively powerful drive system. Both the BMW 760Li High Security’s twelve-cylinder engine and the BMW 750Li High Security’s V8 engine offer a combination of all-aluminium design, BMW TwinPower Turbo Technology and High Precision Injection with direct fuel injection. Both power units are distinguished by their energetic power delivery from a low number of revolutions, the running smoothness that is typical of BMW luxury sedans and their state-of-the art efficiency. Despite the increased weight of the vehicle, the engine performance characteristics of both models ensure that the new high-security sedans can achieve a dynamic acceleration from standing and a confident engine torque at all speeds. Both models have an electronically limited top speed of 210 km/h. The newly developed V12 unit of the BMW 760Li High Security unleashes its superior power of 400 kW/544 hp at an engine speed of 5,250 rpm. Peak torque of 750 Nm comes at 1,500 rpm. In combination with the newly developed eight-speed automatic transmission, the 6.0-litre twelve-cylinder engine impresses drivers not only with its outstanding running smoothness, but also with its ability to spontaneously translate its seemingly infinite power reserve into precisely adjustable driving dynamics anytime. The BMW 760Li High Security accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in as little as 6.2 seconds. The 4.4-litre eight-cylinder engine of the BMW 750Li High Security is the first petrol engine of its kind with turbochargers that are located in the “V” space between the cylinder banks. The V8 engine achieves 300 kW/407 hp at engine speeds of between 5,500 and 6,400 rpm. It mobilizes a maximum torque of 600 Nm that is maintained between 1,750 and 4,500 rpm. The spontaneously delivered engine thrust is applied to the rear wheels via a six-speed automatic transmission.

The BMW 750Li High Security accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.9 seconds. The BMW 760Li High Security as well as the BMW 750Li High Security are distinguished by particularly harmonious driving characteristics. Both the comfort and the active security features of both models correspond to the premium quality standards that are typical of the BMW 7 Series. The innovative and in part exclusive BMW driver assistance systems ensure that potentially dangerous traffic situations can be foreseen and avoided, thus allowing for confident motoring. The combination of a double wishbone front axle with an integral V rear axle provides numerous benefits in terms of comfort and dynamics, but above all, it results in an outstandingly harmonious handling of curves, virtually eliminating rolling, swaying or tilting behaviour. Moreover, the BMW 760Li High Security and the BMW 750Li High Security are equipped with an electronically controlled Dynamic Damping Control. The dampers adapt to the road surface as well as to the style of motoring. The high-performance braking system ensures excellent deceleration values in all situations. Inner-vented discs and sliding calliper design for optimum efficiency on all four wheels provide extreme stability and maximum braking comfort. Run-flat tyres are equipped with temperature sensors and a separate tyre pressure monitoring system for each wheel. Special options for individual security requirements.

Just like the range of comfort options, the security package for both the BMW 760Li High Security and the BMW 750Li High Security can be adapted to suit individual requirements. An intercom system with concealed microphones and speakers allows safe communication with people outside of the vehicle without the need to open doors or windows. Additional safety options include an assault alarm, fire extinguishing system with temperature sensor for extinguishing fires in the engine compartment and below the vehicle as well as irritant gas sensors for protecting passengers from gas attacks. If the interior protection system is triggered by excess gas levels, all windows are closed automatically, the central locking system is activated, the fresh air valves are closed and the ventilation system is shut off. An additional internal fresh-air supply system ensures that passengers are provided with breathable air.

BMW also offers special options for authorities, governments and embassies. The package provides a range of special features such asflag holders, arrangements for radio installations right through to a gun case with compartments for two machine guns in the center console. Also included is an external beacon with a roof installation system and integrated LED flashing lights for the front grille. Upon request, the vehicle may be fitted with an acoustic signalling system that can be controlled via the iDrive operating system. In order to accommodate this exclusive circle of customers, BMW provides discreet consultancy and personalized sales and service support all over the world. BMW high-security sedans are serviced by certified special garages only.

Access to the vehicles is restricted to very few selected and specially trained personnel. As part of the special customer service, BMW offers special driver training programs for security vehicles.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 01:59 AM   #2
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 02:20 AM   #3
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

wow... those windows... are thick....
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 02:24 AM   #4
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep
Drives: 525 d

oau!!! Incredible!! Look how thick is the door!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 03:08 AM   #5
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
HermesRider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

What an awesome coach! It needs machine gun mounts behind the grill and smoke/decoy in the back.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

Wow, this thing is sick!!!!!!
      08-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #8
samuraisaiyo
First Lieutenant
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 318i E36

Oh......
      08-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
Bols
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F36 AW 6MT

siiiiiiiiccccckkk ! The flags look like they're photoshopped on tho lol
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
GMT II
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: I ride the bus.

The exit button in the photo dumps the windshield for egress. Their run flats also will probably work if they run over caltrops or some such spikes as they have the rigid Michelin PAX system. I'm also guessing this redesign takes into account the practice of placing explosives under man hole covers and blowing the car from underneath.

Also notice that the car has no sunroof for obvious reasons. This makes it a dead giveaway. There are no other 7 Series that I know of (maybe Euro spec?) that can delete the sunroof.

That all being said, there is an old saying "If you won't go there unarmed; just don't go".

6MT / ZPP / ZSP / Nav / Prem. Hi-Fi / Sirius / CA / Heated Seats (you keep the ski bag) / Park Dist. / HD Radio (because it was free)
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #11
BMWI6
Major
Colombia
Rep
Drives: 335is

I have a question, i see the intercooler and fans right up front, if they shoot that the car will overheat immediately and be disabled wouldnt it?
      08-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #12
Berduderunner
drk one
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Garage List
2008 e90 335i  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
woah! that is so fuckin cool! I've seen a couple shows on how they armor-plate cars, but they are not close to as integrated as this...
BMS JB3 v2.0 | BMS DCI | Berk Tech Sport Exhaust | UR * DPs | CoolingMist Meth Kit w/ CMGS | H&R OE Sport Springs | Breyton GTS-R | Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Specs | GP Thunder 8000K Low Beams/Angel Eyes/Cornering Lights | LED Interior Light Kit | Window Tint | Smoked Tail Lights | Smoked License Plate Cover
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2009, 02:22 AM   #13
smellthebeans
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
I have a question, i see the intercooler and fans right up front, if they shoot that the car will overheat immediately and be disabled wouldnt it?
Rest assured the vehicle can be driven for a certain period of time after sustaining damage allowing it to "fight" out of the kill zone. Otherwise, you would be sitting in a bunker.
      08-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #14
Aurora Bearialis
¡Barça!
Spain
Rep
Drives: Rainbow Sandals

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
maybe Obama should get this instead of that stupid cadillac he is in
      08-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #15
yavuz
Staff General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335xi, f10 m5

most european presidents, secreteries, officials etc use the armoured s550 though. i rarely see bmw used.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #16
Spiroman
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 Alpina B7

They should definitely use the High Security version of the 760Li for the next Transporter film (#4 I believe) if they want to take a break from the Audi.

Best regards.

Spiroman
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 01:36 AM   #17
xDrive50i
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 750i individual

Also notice how there are different speakers used in the rear doors compared the the regular 7series models!

I find it also interesting that the windows are not tinted....

Still, it is interesting that they made a security version of the 7...
2009 750i individual | Citrin Black Metallic | Platinum Merino Extended Leather | BMW Individual Composition Package (includes Sport Package) | Dynamic Handling Package | Multimedia Package | Technology Package | Executive Package
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234432
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #18
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Nice reading, but I noticed they left out a few things. This is almost like the ultimate security car and they did not mention the MPG on this car or did they mention the HPFP I know it was a cheap shot at BMW...
      08-10-2009, 11:37 PM   #19
335iheLLraiseR
اوليسيس
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Garage List
2007 e92 335  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora Bearialis View Post
maybe Obama should get this instead of that stupid cadillac he is in
have you seen the doors in that cadillac? they are twice as thick as the one above. and its really not even a cadillac, its a truck chassis with caddy panels and branding.
Anyone who can transition seamlessly from defending one vendor and bashing another vendor to bashing the one he formally defended and defending the one he formally bashed has a instant credibility problem.
<---Sign up Now for Bonus Storage! Up to 10gb!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2009, 11:10 AM   #20
smellthebeans
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LPCs

Garage List
1990 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDrive50i View Post
Also notice how there are different speakers used in the rear doors compared the the regular 7series models!

I find it also interesting that the windows are not tinted....

Still, it is interesting that they made a security version of the 7...
They also offered the previous generation in a security edition.

I agree on the tinted windows.

Unlike U.S. security editions (Ford & GM) this car is engineered from the ground up. It's not kevlar and rolled steel added on after it comes off the production line. Careful attention is paid to the driving dynamics. It's ashamed to fight off an attack only to roll the vehicle egressing because it's too heavy. I wonder when they are going to offer a counter measure that negates remotely actuated bombs?

Mercedes has been in the "risk management" field a good deal longer than BMW. They also have a heavy equipment manufacturing capacity they can draw from. They have been protecting African and South American dictators from coups since the 1960's.
      03-25-2010, 01:11 PM   #21
Westman_Ume
The Globetrotter
Sweden
Rep
Drives: Rusty Stuff

that looks very cool