7Post
7Post
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   7Post - 7 Series Forum > BMW 7-Series Forums > General 7-series (F01) Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-04-2010, 04:53 AM   #1
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
378
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Big boy's all dressed up ready to roll!

Had the 7 detailed today and decided to take some photos to share with you'll,
Attached Images
        
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 06:33 AM   #2
///mmmKevin
Private
4
Rep
65
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Canada!

iTrader: (0)

Sorry but the ///M logo just wrecks it. :-(
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #3
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
378
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///mmmKevin View Post
Sorry but the ///M logo just wrecks it. :-(
The only reason I put on the M Badge is becuase they threw it in with the M kit which I did spend about US$5k about there and it does not say M7 or anything, just the M badge becuase of the kit that is on so people know that my 7 has the M sport kit. So it does not say M7, just says M.
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Lastcombo
Private
Lastcombo's Avatar
Netherlands
0
Rep
50
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 730D
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lelystad

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO View Post
The only reason I put on the M Badge is becuase they threw it in with the M kit which I did spend about US$5k about there and it does not say M7 or anything, just the M badge becuase of the kit that is on so people know that my 7 has the M sport kit. So it does not say M7, just says M.
Still not done lose it man make's such a nice car look horrible
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
LACSTER
Major General
192
Rep
8,195
Posts

 
Drives: Hybrid
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: oc

iTrader: (64)

I'm pretty sure the dealer did not put the M badge on the car like that. Anyways the car needs to lose all the chrome on it also needs to be lowered.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 05:28 AM   #6
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
378
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER View Post
I'm pretty sure the dealer did not put the M badge on the car like that. Anyways the car needs to lose all the chrome on it also needs to be lowered.
no not at all but they offered to throw it in for me and I told them why not.
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 08:59 AM   #7
BMW Alpina
BMW Alpina Enthusiast
BMW Alpina's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
67
Posts

 
Drives: Alpina B7
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Beverly Hills

iTrader: (0)

It will look even better if you lower the car and change the rims to 21 or 22 inches.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #8
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
378
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Alpina View Post
It will look even better if you lower the car and change the rims to 21 or 22 inches.
Fair enough, Eiback supplies spring for the front and I dont want the front to be lower than the rear, it will ruin the stance.
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 09:22 AM   #9
Ice350
Private First Class
1
Rep
186
Posts

 
Drives: Lexus GS350
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

The m badge isn't bothering me too much because it has the m kit. More m pieces would make it better.
What I do feel strongly about is those tiny wheels on this big car. I love aftermaket wheels but if you're gonna do it....do it right.
Needs to be lowered a lot with those wheels. It can be lowered a little with bigger wheels.
I hope I didn't come on too strongly but I like these cars and love to see them put together nicely.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #10
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
378
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice350 View Post
The m badge isn't bothering me too much because it has the m kit. More m pieces would make it better.
What I do feel strongly about is those tiny wheels on this big car. I love aftermaket wheels but if you're gonna do it....do it right.
Needs to be lowered a lot with those wheels. It can be lowered a little with bigger wheels.
I hope I didn't come on too strongly but I like these cars and love to see them put together nicely.
Not at all, appreciate your opinion. I am using 20" rims and the ride is just nice now. However i do feel you, 21" would look better. The reason i dont want to lower it is only because mine is the long wheel base which Eibach offers spring only for the front so I dont want the front to look lower than the rear, it will ruin the stance.
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #11
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
378
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Or does anyone here have photos of the new 7 lowered?
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #12
LACSTER
Major General
192
Rep
8,195
Posts

 
Drives: Hybrid
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: oc

iTrader: (64)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO View Post
Or does anyone here have photos of the new 7 lowered?
Drop it and remove the chrome and you'll be the man
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #13
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
378
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER View Post
Drop it and remove the chrome and you'll be the man
but I like the bling, off course not to much bling.
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #14
GuyOh
Lieutenant Colonel
GuyOh's Avatar
Canada
23
Rep
1,818
Posts

 
Drives: 08 AW 335i coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
get rid of the M badge and the chrome strips
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2010, 11:33 PM   #15
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
378
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

I am keeping the M badge and chrome strips
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #16
GooseInOz
GooseInOz
GooseInOz's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
40
Posts

 
Drives: '12 550xi
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO

iTrader: (0)

I agree. The M badge has to go. M kit or no it's not an M car. Simple as that.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #17
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
378
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

The badge does not say M7, it just say's M because it has M bit's on it.
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 08:42 PM   #18
BMW Alpina
BMW Alpina Enthusiast
BMW Alpina's Avatar
United_States
7
Rep
67
Posts

 
Drives: Alpina B7
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Beverly Hills

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO View Post
Fair enough, Eiback supplies spring for the front and I dont want the front to be lower than the rear, it will ruin the stance.
The Rear Self Leveling Suspension can be Programmed by your dealer to lower height,
so it will match the front suspension (lowered if you buy the Eibach springs).

or check with Hamann since they have a "hardware" needed to lower your rear suspension.
Yes, on Hamann website it was shown to be for 740Li,
but I am pretty sure the basic height leveling
system on both 740Li and your 730Li is the same
http://www.hamann-motorsport.com/en/...02/suspension/

I also remember we had discuss about lowering your car on this thread:
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthre...=376215&page=2

if you want your car lowered, it can be done.

another Li owner with self leveling suspension and the discussion about programming the rear self leveling to match
the front:
http://www.7post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328795
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2010, 08:50 PM   #19
purity
Private First Class
purity's Avatar
United Kingdom
4
Rep
125
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO View Post
The badge does not say M7, it just say's M because it has M bit's on it.
but why you DELETED The 730Li badge,
even though your car definitely has the 3.0 Liter engine bit's on it ?

why the DOUBLE STANDARD aka inconsistencies ?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #20
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
378
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by purity View Post
but why you DELETED The 730Li badge,
even though your car definitely has the 3.0 Liter engine bit's on it ?

why the DOUBLE STANDARD aka inconsistencies ?
Because it looks way better without the 730 badging, it looks clean this way. Excuse me, did you say double standards?
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 05:14 AM   #21
purity
Private First Class
purity's Avatar
United Kingdom
4
Rep
125
Posts

 
Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMLAMBO View Post
Because it looks way better without the 730 badging, it looks clean this way. Excuse me, did you say double standards?
if it looks clean without 730Li badging,
then it should looks way cleaner without ANY M badging
You took out the 730Li because
you are "embarrassed" your car was only endowed with the "PETITE" 3.0litre engine.

if your car had the 6.0litre V12 engine aka 760Li, sure as hell you won't took out the 760Li badges.

it is DOUBLE STANDARDS, but don't worry, You're EXCUSED

oh, by the way, SAM,
when was the last time you owned that 2003 LAMBO ?

Last edited by purity; 11-20-2010 at 05:24 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2010, 06:20 AM   #22
SAMLAMBO
First Lieutenant
6
Rep
378
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 BMW 730Li
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by purity View Post
if it looks clean without 730Li badging,
then it should looks way cleaner without ANY M badging
You took out the 730Li because
you are "embarrassed" your car was only endowed with the "PETITE" 3.0litre engine.

if your car had the 6.0litre V12 engine aka 760Li, sure as hell you won't took out the 760Li badges.

it is DOUBLE STANDARDS, but don't worry, You're EXCUSED

oh, by the way, SAM,
when was the last time you owned that 2003 LAMBO ?
sold of my Lambo last year and have placed a deposit for the new replacement next year. Embarrased? I paid US$220,000 for my 730 and i love the way it drives and looks. Curious, how much did you pay for yours and oh yah, you buying a Lambo?
__________________
2012 BMW 640i (AC Schnitzer Package)
2011 Mercedes E250
2007 Ford Mondeo
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.




7post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST