View Single Post
      01-13-2014, 02:44 PM   #30
J.Steele
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzem View Post
At my old firm, I travelled to Orange County about 1-2 per month. Coming from a metro area that's devoid of fun or more premium European cars (Minneapolis-St. Paul) I tend to notice the BMW, Mercedes, and Audi's on your roads. I didn't see a disproportionate amount of douches driving BMW's, but I did see a lot of douches on your roads. Based on all my trips to OC, I would have to say that the Infiniti drivers were probably the most overly agressive. In MSP, the aggressive drivers are in VW's. I seem to notice them more often when I'm in my Boxster, as they seem to think they have something to prove (inferiority complex much?). Our roads are also littered with a disproportionate amount of Toyota's, pickups, SUV's, and clueless hicks from North Dakota.
Being from the Twin Cities area myself, I can agree with your statement about the aggressive VW drivers. A friend of mine drives a VW TDI and drives like he is in Formula 1 every time he gets behind the wheel. Same goes for the "good ol boys" in their F-series trucks. I had a guy in a F-250 ride my a** with his high beams on in the far right lane. It was snowing pretty heavy and I was doing the speed limit(60mph). He eventually blazes by at about 80mph, no joke five miles down the road he is in the ditch with his hazards flashing . Yes, he could have got hurt, but at that point I felt like he got what he deserved.
Appreciate 0