View Single Post
      04-18-2015, 02:46 PM   #59
Jai 302
Banned
Rep
Drives: F13 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRobUSC View Post
How about we start with a weight comparison of the current cars? The existing 7-Series starts at 4344lbs. The lightest S-class weighs 4678. So the 7-Series, for all the "it's a fat pig" rhetoric that's been spewed ad nauseam, already weighs over 300lbs less than the S-class. Now shave 300lbs off the 7-Series (450lbs without new content previously unavailable added back in), and you have a vehicle that weighs about 600lbs less than a comparable S-class. That's pretty significant. As for whether BMW will create an M7 to compete with the AMG's, I wish they would too, but if we can get a 600hp+ Alpina B7 and an even more lightweight 500hp+ M770 (or whatever BMW calls the M Performance model), I think we'll be doing ok.
You're spot on. I guess misterbeemer is just high on Hater-ade. Good to hear the 7 is going to be 600lbs lighter than the competition! I wonder how it'll drive.

I find it annoying that people are hating on this amazing car just for the sake of hating. They can't get it through their heads that some people just don't care about the S-class, and start getting their panties in a twist when someone prefers the 7 over the S. It makes people look even more pathetic when they say I work for BMW because I like the 7 more. Any more cheap comments? Give me a break. Most of the people commenting cannot afford a 7 or S anyway. Besides, you're not some God that everyone has to like what you like and that's why we have choices. K? Good.
Appreciate 0