View Single Post
      06-11-2015, 02:53 AM   #177
bb1510
Canada
Rep
Drives: Mercedes Benz S63 AMG

I really like the new 7. The exterior in my opinion is superior to the new S class; the angularity and lines give it a more 'solid' look, much more European and stately than the curvy lines of the new S. The exterior of the new S just looks really Korean in terms of its design.

I feel like the interior of this car is one which needs to be experience in person to see the quality. Yes, the new S does have a nicer dashboard, but there are tiny details that really make it for me in the 7. Take the nav and rear entertainment screens for example. On the new S, they have a thick, glossy plastic bezel surrounding the screen; this just looks really cheap. The new 7 on the other hand has edge to edge glass. Also, although the new S does look nice, once you get into the nooks and crannies you'll notice it's downfalls, even compared to the previous S-Class. The plastic behind the armrests and window switch surrounds just scream cheap to me.

I really do appreciate the book matched wood on the rear console door in the new 7.

This is a car I will definitely consider when it comes time to replace my current S-Class.