04-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #6
CADK
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by masou View Post
I did some Internet searching and did find that BMW sometimes increases prices with model year vs. calendar year or fiscal year.

For example they did raise prices on the M3/M4 but then included some options as standard. In other instances they just raised prices.

Hoping if they do, they will allow us to exclude some of the less desirable features like Driving Assistant and therefore save on things that at least I really don't want b/c I don't want to spend 5 minutes configuring the car everytime I start it, put in sport mode, turn off auto start, turn off lane departure warning, sheesh.

Guessing instead they may make the car configurable like on the UK site and we'll be the ones indirectly increasing the price by ticking all the packages and options.

All that said I'm bracing for an increase in price and decrease in standard options.

--------------

I have not been following new BMW models for a couple of years and not to start a conspiracy theory but does BMW normally introduce new models with most items standard and take a slight loss right before the model year change to get the cars out there with everything, generate some buzz then make everything configurable and increase price w/the next model year? What I have noticed is that there are way too many packages and options. When I bought my E36M3 it was like the current M2, pick a color, pick an interior color, number of doors and a few other items, done. The new M4s you just watch the price skyrocket as you tick of things you think you "need"

No word on any price increase, but I think it'll be modest as mentioned here.

Regarding the packages though, the M2 keeps it very simple with just one. I'm sure this helps keep production costs down. Executive is only $1250, so I don't know that breaking that up will make a huge difference for most.
Appreciate 0