Thread: 2018 Mustang
View Single Post
      01-24-2017, 10:09 AM   #30
86merc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi sedan

I was not a big fan of the 2015 when it came out. In comparison to the 2010-12. It grew on me pretty quickly. I am sure the 2018 will be the same. I am not a fan of the 2018 look yet. The yellow color makes it look even worse. Some of the other colors seem to work better with it.

But the mag ride, DI motor and other improvements make it hard to pass it up versus a 2015-17. That is for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluey//M View Post
10 speed automatic? Why that's the most ludicrous offering I've seen. The gears will be too close and you'll be shifting endlessly.
The 10 speed has been proven to be a great transmission. The programming lets it pick the gear it needs based on speed, throttle position, and so on. So if it needs to drop 4 gears, it does. It doesn't do it one gear at a time.

The gearing lets the run reasonable rear end gears, the 2015-17 GT with the 6-speed auto uses a 3.15 rear end gear, for highway use and great mpg. But the aggressive gearing in the lower gears gives the car great acceleration. The exact same trans will be a big bonus in the car for sure. The trans is already getting great reviews in the new Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus View Post
The Coyote now revs to 7400rpm.

My first car was a brand new 2011 Mustang GT back when the 5.0 was just introduced. The exhaust note (especially with Roush exhaust) is still one of the most intoxicating sounds I've ever heard - not even the AMG M156 or SVR V8 come close (AMG is too deep and SVR is too raspy. The Coyote is just right). I like to think that my Mustang days are behind me after owning a 2011 5.0 and a 1965 289ci Coupe but I might consider an S550.2 Shelby GT350 if the lust for this new Mustang doesn't wear off.
I had a 2011 GT as well. With the stock intake I rev'd it to 7400 or so. With the Cobra Jet Intake I went as high as 7800-7900. With a tune those cars wake up so much. The 2015+ motors are basically the old Boss motor with less one off parts, like cnc ported heads, and came changes. It spins to 7400 with an aftermarket tune. A few guys with the CJ intake go as high as 8200 rpm. The motor is impressive and will be even more so with more compression and direct injection. I am going to bet that making 480+ rwhp with a tune will be possible.

The coyote sounds very different than the older Ford Mod motors. Thank goodness for that! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
17/18? This is what I prefer.. me and my buds used to cruise in the 68 now thats what a mustang should look like
The 2010-12 Mustang had many styling cues that were taken from the 1967-68 Mustang. That is what initially drew me to the car.
Appreciate 0