United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuBimmer View Post
When the coffee is superheated, the coffee seller is negligent. So rather than warning signs on the coffee, the coffee seller should simply follow the mandatory temperature guidelines the franchisor has established and has contractually required the seller to follow (and which the seller has ignored because its employees are lazy and the owner of the franchise doesn't give a shit). That's the coffee case that is often cited without any understanding of the facts.

I do agree, however, that we live in a litigious society.

But I also believe that because people are human and mistake-prone we should make things safe when we can. And putting in proper cables rather than the flimsy cables that failed twice in a short period of time, would be a good idea. Safer cabling would also protect the driver carefully backing her car out of the space getting hit hard by a car coming around the corner and sending her back into the parking space and then 7 floors to the ground. Could that driver sue both the jerk coming around the corner and the building operator? Of course. Would that be "too litigious"? I don't think so. YMMV
You probably need to review the facts in this case. McDonald's coffee conformed to industry standards, and coffee continues to be served as hot or hotter today at McDonald's and chains like Starbucks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebec...7s_Restaurants
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 1
cenix382.00