View Single Post
      01-04-2018, 02:54 PM   #16
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
I had no idea full service pumping still existed.
It doesn't. Unless by "Full Service" you mean you wait for a few minutes for an attendant to waddle up and spill gas down the side of your car.

I lived in Oregon for about 10 years. Like anything in life, if you get to know the station and the people you can bend the rules. The station I frequented always let me gas up my motorcycle (Attendant doesn't want to waste time standing there because they cant click the trigger lock on and walk away.". At the time I had a 74 Mazda rotary pick up with a fuel cell in the bed. They always let me fill that up myself because it freaked them out that the gas went into the bed but only after you poured a few ounces of motor oil in! They let me gas up my 68 Datsun roadster because it had perfect paint and chrome and no one wanted to take responsibility for the fill up going wrong. The only thing they would fill for me was my POS Toyota commuter that I washed annually.

I make the drive down from Seattle in the M2 a few times a year and always make it a point to gas up 30 or 40 minutes outside of Oregon so I can do all my driving in Oregon without filling up!
Appreciate 0