01-09-2018, 10:48 AM   #12
FastLaneJB
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
I've spent the last 10 days almost solidly doing figures. It's not so much the cost that's the issue between them, it's just deciding which way to go.

I can easily get 24% off list with my options on a 7, and have managed to get 21% off with one dealer on the 5 touring. However even with that, the monthlies on the 5 are more expensive due to no 0% and lower residuals.

Mind you that is with a 5 series almost fully loaded, to match the way I would spec a 7, so that doesn't help with the cost. I've booked drives in both this weekend so hopefully that will help me make my mind up. I really want to try comfort seats in the 5 though to see how good they are compared to the 7.
Ah good, seems like you have it all in hand

Regardless of the seats the 7 is a step up in terms of comfort simply because of the air suspension. That's not to say the 5 series isn't comfortable because it's very comfortable. I'd be surprised if you end up unhappy with the comfort of either though hopefully you'll get to drive both down some of our more "special" roads we have in the UK to give it a proper workout.

The driving dynamics are quite different between the cars. The 5's the more sporty one, the 7 more relaxed... It'll be which way you sway there probably to which you'll go with in the end.

There's nothing like car shopping though
Appreciate 0