Pelo Cat
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac1 View Post
Am I the only one who think the full digital instrument cluster doesn't really fit the luxurious style of the 7 series? IMO too sporty and too mclaren-ish. Would look nice in the upcoming 3 and 8 series though.
No, I think a few of us are in that camp as well (traditional dials preference, digitally produced mind you)...the quandary they likely have is that usually the tech filters down from the top down for new innovations so unless they had introduced it with the M5 (maybe it wasn't ready yet) they would need to offer it with the 7 and then likely offer a 'traditional view' as well as 'future' (to be kind).

Always great to have choice but at some point the computers and light show has to stop and refocus on the interior/exterior as well as handling or propulsion innovations IMO.

Personally glad I don't have (just) that new display...but I do definitely hear the masses screaming for more gadgets and tech on board...will be interesting to see if they do filter it down or just introduce such things in the 'sportier, younger lifestyle models' in future.

Safe travels.