10-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #11
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Yep, $755.50 per wheel averaged. One of the other US dealerships had them for sale online for $3022 before shipping and my dealership matched the price (with no shipping of course). I'm not happy with paying that much for Winter wheels and tires, but it was cheaper than Discount Tire locally and Tire Rack. The Wheels on Tire Rack are a ton lighter than the 641's (and lighter than the 788's) but I'm not that concerned about wheel weight for winter wheels. Amusingly, the 641's are still lighter than the 19" 403m's that came on my 340i.

I have to say, though, that leaving your summer's on due to "so little snow in the Pacific Northwest" is not a great idea, even south of you here in the Portland metro. Summer wheels in the rain at 34 degrees isn't the safest thing to do. It's been below 40 on my way to work every morning this week (and above 65 on the way home). Even on dry roads, general grip and braking distances are compromised enough that I can feel it.
You got your wheels, tires and sensor for $750 a piece, or just the wheels? If the former, that's a great deal on OEM wheels. The cheapest Tire Rack option are the OZ HYPER GT HLT for $500 a piece, which look great.

Yeah, I know about the temp issues with summer tires below 45 degrees. I'm in Vancouver. I've ran winters for that reason on my last car, my RWD 335, every winter. I've got an X3 with winters I was thinking of using this year, if I can't find a cheaper package in the next month or so.
Appreciate 0