AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmish View Post
Totally agree. If I am spending $120,000 on a 750 or $175,000 on a 760 why would I not buy the LED sky lounge for $900 or the B&W for $4k? The purpose of these cars for me is to enjoy everything about them, not to pinch a penny.
Not a question of pinching pennies to be sure for a car like this. It is a question of priorities. There are several options for the G12s that are oriented towards passengers. All of the rear seat options are an example, and the pano too, since the driver is mostly (hopefully) looking out the windshield. Audio system is for both so if audio is your thing, by all means B&W. I have a tin ear so the B&W would be wasted. I am very more comfortable getting such options as integral active steering and night vision than passenger-oriented goodies as having passengers in the rear is a rarity for me. The last build I did for a 2020 (my lease is up in the Fall) was between 115,000 and 120,000. If I wanted to pinch pennies, this is not the car I'd buy. I also order rather than buy off the lot, so I am getting exactly what I want. Spending that much money, I think you should get exactly what you want, from color(s) to options. Notice I said "want" and not "need". That was deliberate and forms part of the fun.
Appreciate 0