View Single Post
      01-16-2020, 11:24 PM   #310
JeremyDFW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

This post is... well, kind of awesome. A bunch of men (not all, but most) on an internet forum bickering back and forth about what is, or isn't...

So I will just come out right and say it. I daily drive my F80 M3, it has been modified well beyond what is most reasonable for well... the commute back and forth to work. Has it been on a circuit track? Nope. Strip? Nope. Auto-X? Nope.

Am I running an insanely aggressive fitment on wheel and tires, that are well - heavier? Yes. Changed the corner dynamics of the car? Yes. Impacted the ride quality? Yes.

Suspension. Ohhh... that too, and now Ohlins R&T. Why? Oh... because aggressively dropping my car with a cheap HAS kit and 40K miles later caused the ride quality to be well, less that umm... comfortable. Yep.

Intake? Yes. X-Pipe, Exhaust... Yep, basically everything Dinan sold for exhaust. Why? Because it sounded cool. You know what else sounded cool... the BavSound speakers.

Why? Why? Why? Well... mainly because that's what I wanted. And usually 3-4x a month, when I need a break from my executive job, or family is driving me crazy, or because I just enjoy driving... I head out and get me a !@#$ ton of #twolanetheraphy through the backroads. Sometimes I meet up with other enthusiasts... or better yet, like last Summer - spend 30 days and 4K miles on an awesome road trip that took me through half the US, Upstate New York, Virginia, Blue Ridge Parkway, Tail of the Dragon, Atlanta, Nashvile... (WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS BTW??)

And yeah... I've done the same to the C63S and M2C as well. Why? Why? Why? Well... because that's what I want. My recommended... do what you want, and tell the other guy to GTFO if they don't like what you want or do.

#rantover

Instagram - @its.bad.karma (inactive/parked)
Appreciate 4
JTO245279.00
WolfGTI717.50