02-06-2020, 09:58 PM   #9
Al Pină
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrANW View Post
Got the car back and they fixed the issue, by replacing the HDMI module. They claim it was damaged (possibly by child with autism kicking it inadvertently) and got it done.

Horrible X2 28i loaner given back. The BMW "genius" at that dealership is one clueless man, forcing me to subscribe to AT&T Wifi to fix a damaged HDMI port. Then after that, claiming the tires need replacing over bubbling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac f02+g12 View Post
I have the same hook up in my18 and have the same issue I tried everything as well I even purchased the iPhone to hdmi plug that works but still could not mirror everything on my iPhone mainly my cable apps that I have from my cable company (Comcast) strange part is I downloaded the same apps on the tablet and they work smh if I could recall it said something about protocol so I just started playing movies that I had in my iTunes because who wants a backseat full of dvds everywhere so what I winded up doing was I installed a Apple TV in the back and haven't had a problem since one of the main issues in my opinion is our cars are based on Apple products except for the tablet of course which is Andriod and u should be able to mirror the tablet to the screens other issue that I have currently is one I coded video in motion but for a price tag of almost 130k!!! U would think that they would be able to sync with the front screen to all play together secondly I find it strange that head unit will only play regular dvds while the rear will play regular dvds and blue ray I feel like they got one over on us with that one for the amount of money we paid for these vehicles
Wow, how unfortunate and ridiculous. Sorry to hear that, as I'm still disappointed in even how the REP still pales in comparison to a relative's fully loaded UK spec 2017 740Li, which has a multitude of more features than our USA cars.

BTW, I never knew one could mirror anything to the front iDrive and all rear screens simultaneously. I'll try that.

Just got the car back and while the Roku Streaming Stick+ still doesn't work, the other devices now do thankfully such as Roku Premiere+ which uses messier HDMI cables.

On our 2016 740i, the Touch Command tablet had more space available, but for some reason the 2019 750i doesn't have any space for apps, where I barely squeezed in Roku.
X2 28i as a loaner for a 7-Series?! Your dealer sucks balls. You must be in a smaller market with no competition between dealerships. We always get a 7 or an 8 as a loaner (Chicago).