vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Tell you what, I was invited to a Symposium and had my few cents to tell in front of the crowd. Hence I was listed into the summary I assumed that most of the people had tried to Google, Fuqbook, IG...you name it... me, but surely w/o result
I went before our local town board last winter, for a job-like interview to serve on a one-time committee. The first thing that I said was that I'm not afraid of the Farcebook bullies that were threatening the local politicians and prompting the committee's creation, because I work in IT and knew better than to ever create a Farcebook account. They can post whatever they want about me, because I'll never see it to be bullied.

What scares me more is that my siblings and extended family are heavy Farcebook users. They keep asking why I don't respond to their Farcebook crap addressed to me. Apparently, there is someone on Farcebook with my name that they are all friends with. Probably a Russian 'bot. When I couldn't make the annual family holiday gathering a few years ago, I told them to invite Farcebook me in my place...and pray that he/she/it isn't an axe murderer!

Not that I expect to be changing jobs any time soon (knock on wood), I'm most worried about a potential future employer doing a social media search and confusing someone else's profile with me because we have the same name.....