United_States
Rep
Drives: G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstar335 View Post
Some numbers:
Those stats are true but misleading. A lot of those sales losses are due to SUVs and not Tesla and/or Electric cars

I've been harping on them for years and I'll continue to do so - electric cars are NOT suited for consumer or commercial use. Besides their limited shelf life, (batteries will degrade over time, charging time and capacity will get less) they are EXPENSIVE and will only get more expensive as BEV production ramps up - they aren't as convenient, are heavy and outside of sound bites of 'looks like the future' do nothing better.

Everyone who talks about BEVS always talks about the future instead of the present because the realities of these vehicles is they aren't suited for everyday use over a Gas powered car. It's going to be a 150k paperweight in 7 years when the next owners don't want to invest in a new battery back (expect 20k plus) to keep the car running.

This car is no exception and is a terrible answer to a question no one asked. I'm sure people will buy it because they have the means and want to keep up with appearances, but let's just be honest.
These numbers are intended to provide some additional context in regard to that specific car segment. They clearly show that the appeal of the 7-series and market share here in the US over the years have certainly declined, whatever the reason may be. I think the new 7-series/i7 will certainly not reverse that trend, it could potentially accelerate it.

It would be rather disappointing if the next generation X5 inherits some of the same design features we are starting to see in the new 7-series/i7/X7.
Appreciate 0