View Single Post
      05-27-2022, 12:56 PM   #6003
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBBF87 View Post
I am going to off topic this thread for a brief moment because I am genuinely curious how us gun owners are felling about expanded background checks, and raising the minimum age to purchase a fire arm? It's sad that it takes horrific events for us to consider these changes, but I for one really can't stand thinking about little kids being gunned down. Literally gives me chills.

As some background, I am a new Texan, firearms owner, including AR-15s, and am in support of expanded background checks and a higher minimum age to purchase a firearm.

According to NBC I am not alone, in fact the majority, but am never really sure if I can trust those polls.

What are your opinions?

PS - My favorite gun to shoot is my 6.5 Ruger Precision Rifle
I ended up spending almost 3 years in the US Army after being drafted in 1967. I was qualified on the M-14, M-16 and M-60.

I spent 12 months in the 25th Infantry Division in Vietnam, out near the Cambodian border. I have witnessed up close and personal what assault weapons can do to the human body. Once you see it, you can't forget it.

When I returned home I sold my .22 rifles and pistol, only keeping the Marlin .22 bolt-action tube feed rifle my dad gave me. I eventually gave it to my son. I lost all taste for firearms.

As to assault rifles, I don't see the need. There are plenty of non-assault firearms on the market that are suitable for game hunting and target practice.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser[/SIZE]
Appreciate 3
tcphoto3564.00
LBBF87526.50