View Single Post
      05-27-2022, 07:52 PM   #6020
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Now imagine needing to grant access to all of your medical records in order to obtain that permit. Furthermore, have you seen a psychologist? Should you have been required to see a psychologist before obtaining a permit to defend yourself? What if you were required to see a psychologist on a regular basis and make those records available?!? After all, you're now in the position where you're carrying a firearm and you just might have to shoot someone. Have you ever considered the psychological, legal and financial ramifications of pulling that trigger in the name of "self-defense"? Are you prepared to potentially lose your livelihood, your daughter and your freedom because of that decision? If we start probing, the questions become endless.
Not sure what the requirements are in CA for a CCW. Again, I can only speak to Louisiana. I had to sign two HIPAAs for Louisiana to request my medical records to approve me for a concealed permit. I signed those with zero hesitation. I’m all for it. If required to see a psychologist, sure. I think that’s great, but Louisiana didn’t require that for me.

As far as the ramifications go, I think about it daily. Car jackings in NOLA are insane. Recently here a woman’s arm was severed in a car jacking attempt and she died on scene. Louisiana has a “shoot the car jacker” law, which protects the victim (as it should). Louisiana is a stand your ground state with no duty to retreat. I have USCCA insurance. I hope to never have to pull the trigger, but in the event I fear for my life, or my child’s, etc., I will pull it.

Again, I don’t have all the answers. I just hope anyone who is able to purchase a gun is physically and mentally capable of being a responsible gun owner. Easier said than done, I just hope some changes are made

Last edited by Sara; 05-27-2022 at 08:28 PM..
Appreciate 0