05-27-2022, 09:37 PM   #6026
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
Until and unless congress passes a constitutional amendment deleting the 2nd A I am not in favor of any more restrictions on ownership or purchasing of firearms. For me the constitution IS a living document but only via the specific methods defined within it and the "death of a 1000 cuts" that gun banners are implementing makes all our rights less secure. And to date none of the suggestions ever passed in any state have done anything to make us safer.

Having said that, I'd be OK with secure background checks including linking mental health databases with the current federal background check. And we could stand to improve our nations mental health services.

I can't claim I know answers to all of societies issues but it sure seems to me that school shootings would be better resolved with seriously secure campus settings and an armed response within each school.
Well stated and I agree with majority of what you have said.

The issue with mental health services is this: the government does not care. It's all empty rhetoric. Very little is done to deal with the issue. Much like the approach to curtailing crime, homelessness, etc., most of the implementation(s) is/are the equivalent using a band-aid for a cut that requires sutures.
Appreciate 2
jamesinaz1669.50
paquet629.50