08-26-2022, 12:59 PM   #7
nick_xd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Injector problems can be more than one issue, but they're not overly common. There's these two things:

1) Kratos confirmed this with Bosch engineers… When running HPFP pressure above normal pressures (>3600?) the gate inside can break. This causes a "stuck injector" that does not fix if cleaned, it keeps leaking. In this case you're over fueling a cylinder and the car bogs/chugs, white smoke, stinky tailpipes… This problem is the one where people run Top Lube (Power Plus grape?) to try and prevent the issue, but lube doesn't help. If an injector is gonna break it's usually found out early in E85 tuning when fueling is worked out.

2) A dirty or clogged injector can come from debris or gunk/slime. Some crap fuel has an additive that doesn't mix with E right (you gotta search for the thread). Also, E left in the tank unused long term will absorb moisture. This might be where the "gas every three tanks/months" comes from. Yes, a fuel filter can help catch the gunk or debris upstream from your engine.

And there may be more issues I've missed or forgotten. I hope above helps de-stress.

I installed M5 injectors to supply more fuel at standard pressures, and a filter came with my LPFP kit so it got installed too.
Cool thanks that's helpful. What LPFP kit did you get installed?
Appreciate 0