10-19-2022, 01:16 AM   #1537
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Think of it this way.

We're in the 4th model year of the stingray and they're still in high demand. The price of used has dropped a bit but not much, it's still high. And dealers still put ADM's on NEW stingrays. In the 4th model year.

How many C8Z's have they put out for MY23? lol

How many of those were Z07's? lol

We don't even know how long the z06 production would be. Remember this is an NA car and each year that goes by, gets more strict. The C8Z could be like the C7Z and have a 5 year production run. The C8Z might not even get to 40k units when it's all said and done.

You combine that possible low total production number, with the high demand, the quality of the product, the future of the product (meaning no more engine like this in the C9), the parts shortages, plant shutdowns, the economy, comparing the used market of the stingray being in it's 4th MY production, and everything else, you're saying a couple of years down the road the C8Z used won't pull tens of thousands over MSRP still?

I really think you're underestimating this car's worth in relation of the future.

Again there is NO MORE like this car after the C8. C9 may not be a full EV lineup but there is no NA V8 in the C9. None.

I didn't even mention this car is rumored to run the ring in 7 minutes or faster. What corvette has ran 7 minutes? None.

What car has come close? The C7 ZR1. An outdated platform without the exotic dressings like the C8Z with the bespoke engine. A high revving FPC engine. Why do people love porsche so much? The engineering, the performance, the quality, the high revving engine no?

The C8Z has that, give or take on quality since it's only "a chevy". Everything GM has done to this car was a final sendoff in giving their buyers a chance at owning their first supercar for half or a third of other supercar/exotic pricing.

This car will go for A LOT of money years and years down the road.

I can't wait to be proven wrong. I won't though.
Wouldn’t it be cool if they actually made some Z06’s?

Dealers put ADMs on Toyota Corolla’s too and those are in their 50th model year
Appreciate 0