View Single Post
      11-18-2022, 12:54 PM   #16
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep
Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Obviously disagree and he is having major problems at both SpaceX and Tesla. It’s not all his money and great choice, give your life to a company and this megalomaniac or leave. Obviously most “chose” to leave and has been said usually the most talented ones. What a genius Musk is………
Well, I can't exactly say I feel bad for the investors either, same rules apply to them. They hitched their cart to him, it will pay or it won't. And if they don't like what he says / does, they won't provide any more money. Simple. It is a lot of his money though.

Still, what is wrong with the choice? Nobody is being forced to work against their will which is where I'd draw the line. So either you work hard (and are paid commeasurate for it - better than the standard 9-5) or you leave for a different opportunity. Why is that a bad thing? Why does it matter that the most talented ones leave? They are the ones he should try to keep, if he doesn't, that's on him, but they are still going to be successful at whatever they do (probably). So they'll land on their feet. And the muskrat will either pivot the company such that it makes money, or he'll lose big. Again, I don't see an issue. Risk / benefit.

I do strongly suspect though that a lot of the workers who quit are workers that would have dragged their feet silently and subverted and opposed the direction Musk will take it in, which would have led to Twitter's demise anyway, so I think his actions might even be smart here...but it is heavily reliant on him being able to replace that staff with a sufficient enough workforce (maybe less people needed overall if they are working harder) that have bought in to the direction he wants to go.

He's the employer, it is his call which direction Twitter goes, not the employees. Do you disagree?
Appreciate 3
minn1914078.00
GERMAN M34182.00