11-19-2022, 11:15 AM   #29
Piper1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
This is exactly the issue with CR and JD Power as well, "reliability" has in the definition how well the infotainment system works. Being an old dude, my definition for reliability is how often the vehicle leaves you dead on the road and you either have to walk or get a ride from the tow truck.

New car owners complain how well their phone integrates with the vehicle, and if it is problematic, they determine the vehicle is unreliable. Phone integration in my new Bronco absolutely sucks. I tried the Android auto app, and as soon as the phone leaves cell service, Android Auto disconnects and I have to fish through a menu sequence to reestablish connectivity. I live in a rural area where cell service is spotty, so it happens quite frequently. It's so annoying, I just deleted my phone from the system - LOL. I leave the screen dark most of the time.

Asking a favor... if you have contacts in the Bronco team, can you ask them to do a software update to add the clock readout to the main gauge screen? A simple email to the Bronco team is all I'm asking.
I don’t consider myself old just yet but damn if our 6 year old hasn’t already labeled me but I still gauge it too by how less or more it’d leave you walking with the thumb out for the next tumble weed of a car coming by. A reason I’m not upset for what ever reason my e86 doesn’t like my phone and why I’m liking newer cars less and less they seem to be building around the infotainment first these days.

alas don’t have clout there I’m in machining for the F150 axle and Dana got the axle for the bronco, not sure if they’re going to change that this coming year or not with contracts haven’t heard anything yet, I’m following a thread on the bronco6g boards about a rear bent axle but there’s not been specifics yet on what actually bent.
Appreciate 2