View Single Post
      02-16-2023, 09:13 AM   #10
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I don't think anyone is talking about commuters. I rarely have any issues with the one guy on his bike clearly using it to commute. It's when you run into a pack of 20 of them in full spandex like they are in the tour de france that they become a problem.

Typically a single tour de france trannie isn't much of a bother, but still makes me wonder why they choose to do this pass time (because these mofos are not commuting anywhere) on roads with heavy traffic. I'm not a cyclist, but I do ride a bike sometimes... in parks and other areas where it's pleasant to do so. I just don't see how one enjoys riding their bike on busy streets risking getting run over at any moment. Then again maybe they like the adrenaline rush of almost dying all the time.
Not arguing with you on the packs. But I really only see them along roads that are winding through park areas or in very rural routes. I've never seen these packs in a metro or suburban area unless it's part of some permitted organized event.

As to riding on busy streets, per my reply above, everyone has their risk tolerances. For me, I use cycling as my aerobic workout. For the speeds I need to travel to get a good workout, I'd be in violation of prudent speed limits on bike trails and endangering pedestrian traffic.
Appreciate 1