BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano17 View Post
Thanks everyone. Not that is a deal breaker, but you still pay the $995 destination charge? And how does registration work? Do you do that when you get home and do you have a certain amount of time to get that done?
Happy to answer those questions but WTF is your dealer doing?

The PCD will push out your availability probably three-weeks, but I've only dealt with East Coast customers. I do have a customer coming from Utah to pick up his special paint M3 stick probably in May when/if it gets here.

Everyone pays the $995, even if you pick your car up from the the local SC dealership. It's called Equalized Freight.

PC is very crowded right now and, like everyone, a bit understaffed. They will normally offer you one date, take-it-or-leave-it. They used to have some flexibility but PCD has become more popular and the Center hasn't gotten any larger. The people there are wonderful and helpful, speaking as a dealer as well as from feedback from every customer I've sent to them. If you do go, treat them like you'd want to be treated and thank them for what they're doing for you.

Assuming your new X5 is being built in April or May (otherwise you don't really have a production spot yet), your dealer needs to act quickly to complete the PCD application. Just do it! Don't even think about what the gas and everything else will cost you. Have fun.
Appreciate 3
Llarry16833.50