United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 760i; 2022 BMW X7

Garage List
2023 BMW 760  [0.00]
2022 BMW X7  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Good View Post
As a suggestion to folks that are having issues.If you haven't already, you might carefully examine the triangle area above where the side mirror attaches.This appears to be a rather complex trim piece with overlapping and intersecting gasket seals.This area has been the culprit with several other manufacturers including Lexus and Toyota.In the case of the previous gen LS,the piece sometimes was not properly adhered by a uniform applicaton of adhesive.This would cause fluttering and wind whistle at speed. Might be worth a look.
Oh, you must’ve had a LS460. I remember those days. I had one of the first LS 460L that came off the line. The wind noise was so bad Lexus ended up buying it back from me after 1 year. I decided to give Lexus one more try and bought another (1 yr newer) model. By that time some forum members figured out exactly what the issue was, the loose side mirror triangle. Once it was glued on property, no wind noise whatsoever. Actually, after the fix, LS 460 was one of the quitest cars I’ve ever driven.