View Single Post
      08-10-2023, 01:09 PM   #15
evanevery
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: iXM60, i8 Rdstr, M4, i7 M70

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofthe7 View Post
The new M70 has the black grill with illuminated grill. I think it's exclusive for M70.
The M70 comes with the illuminated/chrome grill by default (not the black grill). You would need to order the M Pro Drivers package (ZMQ) for the M70 to get Shadowline trim (which includes the Black grill). However ZMQ is temporarily unavailable in the configurator or as a submittable build option. If you want to confirm the chrome grill is the default, just run any build in the configurator and you can see the M70 will have it.

Unfortunately, ZMQ (with Shadowline Trim and Black Grill) will not be homologated (available/produced) until week 44. If you got an order submitted early enough with ZMQ, you will have a production date sometime week 44 or later. However, BMW recently removed ZMQ from the ordering system (and the online configurator). Anyone wanting ZMQ (like myself), who doesn't already have an order in place with it, has to wait for the option to become available again (hopefully sometime well before week 44)

If you want to see a build with ZMQ, you can check one of my earlier build codes. The configurator will still display the older builds (with ZMQ) but no longer allows you to select that option interactively:

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...exterior/color

You will even see "M Sport Pro package" listed in the vehicle summary.

...and, no, the black grill is not exclusive to the M70. You can add the "M Drivers Pro" package (with black grill) to the x50 and x60 as well (check the configurator). In fact, ZMQ is still an enabled option for the x50and x60 even though it has been temporarily disabled for the M70...)

...and yes, you can get Blue Painted calipers with ZMQ/Shadowline. You just have to select that sub-option (3M1)!

If you have a reference that the optional Black grill is ALSO Illuminated, I'ld appreciate a link to that info.

Last edited by evanevery; 08-10-2023 at 04:48 PM..
Appreciate 0