View Single Post
      10-23-2023, 11:51 AM   #377
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Whether or not the sprint race was boring or not isn't really part of my post.
I mean, it is related, I just left the dots unconnected... teams always complain that they have limited time to get their cars set up, and ride height could have been better dialed in if teams had more FP. Clearly seen with 4 cars starting from the pits for this race - because they needed to make changes that they otherwise would have made before FP3.

I think the current sprint race format brings minimal to the overall experience for fans, but it puts teams and racers in a position where they can't adequately dial in their car before the race, and on last week's race, that's arguably resulted in two top drivers being disqualified...

I don't think Ferrari and Merc would have "risked" the floor height, I think if they had more FP time to see how much wear the wood plank would have taken that they'd have adjusted the ride height. But they didn't get that time, and didn't have the ability to make changes even if they did realize it might be an issue at some point unless they were willing to start from the pits...
Appreciate 4