View Single Post
      01-15-2024, 03:54 PM   #44
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Apex needs to have an air leak warning about using PS4S on the VS-5RS. This issue is specific to this wheel-tire combo because the PS4S is installed on a very large number of oem wheels and other aftermarket wheel brands without issue. If it is due to the knurling then redesign the knurling but don’t force buyers to spend more time and money ATTEMPTING to address a known issue. Their knurling design used on other wheels hasn’t resulted in air leaks with the PS4S so why was the knurling design changed to an untested design on the VS-5RS? I’d be pissed if I wasn’t warned in advance of this issue with the PS4S, and then to be told “it’s the exception to the rule” (only true IF this was the one and only set to leak which is not the case). Next they walk you thru an approach that requires dismounting the tire, applying wheel sealant in apparently a very specific way, remounting the tire, pressurizing the tire to its max inflation pressure, holding max pressure for 10 min, and finally setting the pressure to 38 psi. Repeat process over again until it no longer leaks. I’d be asking for a FULL refund at this point. Period.
Appreciate 2
CSBM52756.00