View Single Post
      01-17-2024, 08:21 PM   #5
DroMike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 i7 eDrive50 (Inaugural Yr)

Although I opted NOT to include a theater screen in my factory-ordered i7 (picked up in November), my opinion might matter.

I felt the only justification for it was that my ex might enjoy it during a long road trip. However, she specifically said she definitely didn't want or wouldn't use it. And heck, I'D be driving so I wouldn't be using it while moving... Also, for the relatively short amount of time you might be stopped at a DC/fast charger, one could perhaps more easily access screens or content on one's cell phones or an iPad (via the phone's hotspot) if any real need was felt instead of the more typical scenario of using a bathroom, getting a bite to eat, or just stretching your legs and getting some fresh air instead. And lastly, it seems all I've ever read about here have either been about the lack of or unreliable eSim compatibility, folks opting to use Roku or Chromecast devices with it to circumvent the wonky armrest screen remotes, or complaints about rearview blocking or general malfunctions. All of it combined seemed like WAY more hassle than any party-trick coolness from owning it could possibly have invoked and clearly not worth the extra $4,750.

On a SIMILAR note, I'm a little chagrined that I paid $995 for the humdrum Panoramic Sky Lounge Roof (not standard on my eDrive50), so there's still that indictment of me. Oh well, live and learn.

In fairness however, if you have deep pockets and don't mind paying for any of the extras, why deny or subject yourself to any what-if? situation when you've already purchased a 6-digit priced car? Bugs might be worked out and SOME enjoyment might be obtained at some point. Otherwise, I was born frugal and made a wise decision by passing on it.
Appreciate 0