03-19-2024, 08:00 AM   #8117
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
How do you ensure a good relationship between the police and the citizens in your precinct?
For me personally, fairness and communication. If I treat people fairly, apply the law fairly, and communicate thoroughly why I’m taking a particular action, in most cases it results in satisfactory discourse between me and the informant, victim or suspect.

Another thing that helps during casual encounters is taking an interest in people in the community. If I see a car meet I’ll roll up and chat cars. If I see people with children in a 7-11 convenience store, I’ll “high-five” the kids and tell them to respect their parents and be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
Very disappointed, this is the dept I worked for, for 30+ years. I almost understand what the message the officer was trying to make was but he missed the mark by a mile and TPS has now released a statement walking it back. I mean why not just leave your front door unlocked so they don't do any damage during the home invasion. Toronto has had an over 500% increase in car thefts, car jackings and home invasions in the past year or so.

The average response time to 911 calls for TPS is now 22 minutes, a lifetime if you need help. It's clear to me and anyone paying attention that you can't rely on the police/government to protect you, your family or your property.
Exactly! Most departments are so short staffed - and crime has increased so exponentially - that people need to take seriously their own personal protection (..and situational awareness).
Appreciate 7